• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere Wrapper - Warning!

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere Wrapper - Warning!

If you are struggling with Atmosphere's Intel wrapper and it's not finding the .dat file on load in Protools etc. the solution is here.

Although Spectrasonics make it clear you need to install the AU host as well as your specific host for the wrapper to work, they do not make it clear that the .dat file or its alias must reside in both the host specific folder and the AU folder. If it's missing from the AU folder your wrapper will not work.

So to be clear (because Spectrasonics don't) the .dat or alias MUST BE installed in the AU host as well as the specific host folders.

This may save someone the 4 hours I spent figuring it out.

Re: Atmosphere Wrapper - Warning!

Although Spectrasonics make it clear you need to install the AU host as well as your specific host for the wrapper to work, they do not make it clear that the .dat file or its alias must reside in both the host specific folder and the AU folder. If it's missing from the AU folder your wrapper will not work.
    This is not correct. The .dat file or an alias to it only needs to reside in the Componets folder.

So to be clear (because Spectrasonics don't) the .dat or alias MUST BE installed in the AU host as well as the specific host folders.
    I guess you missed this on the site as well. For the version of Atmosphere on 6 CDs they instruct you to follow the installation for the Audio Unit version of the plug-in or to move the .dat file (or an alias of it) to:

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

If you have a Spectrasonics product and can login to the Support section you can find this information by going to:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=169

The section is titled Atmosphere/Trilogy Support > Intel Mac Wrappers Public Beta > Installation

The DVD version of Atmosphere does not require the moving or creation of the .dat file because the appropriate aliases are automatically created with the installation.

Re: Atmosphere Wrapper - Warning!

Quote Originally Posted by tevoka
    This is not correct. The .dat file or an alias to it only needs to reside in the Componets folder.

I guess you missed this on the site as well. For the version of Atmosphere on 6 CDs they instruct you to follow the installation for the Audio Unit version of the plug-in or to move the .dat file (or an alias of it) to:

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components

If you have a Spectrasonics product and can login to the Support section you can find this information by going to:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/viewtopic.php?t=169

The section is titled Atmosphere/Trilogy Support > Intel Mac Wrappers Public Beta > Installation

The DVD version of Atmosphere does not require the moving or creation of the .dat file because the appropriate aliases are automatically created with the installation.
    I didn't miss any of this on the site, all that you state is quite correct EXCEPT they do not state that the .dat file has to reside in the AU version folder, irrespective of which other version you may be using. It states that the .dat file (or alias) locations for all versions, HOWEVER it does not catogorically state that A VERSION OF THE .DAT FILE MUST BE PRESENT IN THE AU FOLDER FOR THIS TO WORK

Just to be clear I've re-read the PDF supplied and also all sections of the site and it is easy to make this mistake and exclude the .dat file from the AU section. Thanks for your reply you may have got it right first time but I'm sure there may be others who may not find this clear.

Go Back to forum