• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: New Virtual Pipe Organ Collection from Garritan

Share/Bookmark

New Virtual Pipe Organ Collection from Garritan

or Immediate Release

NEW VIRTUAL PIPE ORGANS COLLECTION FROM GARRITAN

NAMM, Anaheim, CA (January 17, 2008) Garritan, developer of the world's leading soundware, is introducing a Virtual Pipe Organs collection at the NAMM show.

Found in churches, concert halls, and theaters, the majestic sight and sound of the concert pipe organ inspires and enthralls. Garritan's new Virtual Pipe Organs collection accurately captures the grandeur of a variety of different historic and contemporary pipe organs: a Small (Early) Baroque Organ (circa 1740); a Late Baroque organ ("Bach"- circa 1748); a Gothic organ; a Renaissance organ (one of Europe's oldest circa 1587); a Romantic organ (circa late 1800's); and two Modern Organs - seven different pipe organs in all.

Powered by the robust and reliable ARIA Player developed in collaboration with Plogue, the Garritan Virtual Pipe Organs collection runs on these platforms: MAC OS X 10.4 and higher (PPC32, PPC64, Intel32 and Intel64) and Windows XP and Vista (both 32 and 64 bits) and Linux coming soon. Standalone, Plug-in (VST 2.4 -VST 3.0 -Audio Units -RTAS), and supported notation programs.

Advanced programming makes this a truly "playable" and unique organ library. Among the many features are: a variety of stops for each organ with the ability to combine and mix stops, swellbox, crescendo and tremolo effects; adjustable mechanical noises; adjustable velocity curves; adjustable polyphony; a variety of historical tunings/temperaments and Scala file import; MIDI playback and record in standalone; 3-band EQ; and Graceful Copy Protection (no dongles or challenge response).

"The largest and grandest of all instruments can now be played virtually from one's computer" said Gary Garritan. "This new pipe organs library will be a welcome addition for worship services, education, film music, and to play organ works by the great composers."

Pricing & Availability: Price: $199 - Expected Release Spring 2008

About Garritan Libraries
    Garritan is the worldwide leader and pioneer in sample libraries and soundware. Garritan Libraries are the recipient of numerous industry, education, and professional awards and accolades in the music press and among professional musicians. These same libraries are required for classes at leading music colleges and universities. Garritan has also developed the first sample libraries that integrate with popular notation programs, such as Finale and Sibelius. The Garritan Libraries are known the world over for quality, and are an indispensable staple in film, television and interactive productions, as well as live performances. www.garritan.com.

Re: New Virtual Pipe Organ Collection from Garritan

As an organist and composer I am soooo excited to hear of this new organ library, covering so many different styles and eras. Thanks so much for this seemingly tailor-made to my needs library. Keep up the surprises!! So much to look forward to in the weeks ahead. Thanks, Gary!

how cool is that.... mmmm,

THE KING OF INSTRUMENTS!

This is a surprise Congratulations again Gary.

I am really looking forward to this.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Gary,

this sounds wonderful -- I often use organ in my pieces, and recently a friend who is a wonderful organist (has played for over 60 years) has taken me under his musical wing and started introducing my music to local conductors, which has resulted in more organ writing on my part. Although good sounding organ samples exist, there are (as far as I know) the "all stops" sound and there is very little control over anything else. I have often wished for something such as this!!

In combination with your new choral libraries, this will be even more of a knockout :-)

Bravo!

Karen

Very, very well, Mr. Garritan!!

Maybe I found someone who takes me seriously.
    This was something I was looking for, and now is becoming reality!!

That's kool!!

Still *more* great stuff! This surely has been one
    busy NAMM for Garritan!

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Gary,

It seems you're taking over the world, ROFL. Geez, I loved the GPO pipe organ but this is amazing. I guess I know where my tax return is going. Let's see, where did I put that W2?

Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Gary,

It seems you're taking over the world, ROFL.
    Bill
    Well, Gary, I hope and expect that at the very least it will be a benevolent kingdom. All odds point in that direction anyway...

Talking Re: New Virtual Pipe Organ Collection from Garritan

how about throwing in a Hammond B3 with that

Go Back to forum