• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Strad and Gofriller don't seem to work with Finale 2008a

Share/Bookmark

Question Strad and Gofriller don't seem to work with Finale 2008a

I posted over in the support/tech forum, but there doesn't seem to be any answer...

I bought Gofriller and Strad in the go-round sale. I installed them. I have Finale 2008a. JABB and GPO work fine. I'm all updated to K2, etc, etc.

Gofriller and Strad don't show up in the Finale setup wizard. How can I get them to show up in the setup wizard? This is really rather frustrating, and makes them less usable than they should be.

And, I've heard that Strad and Gofriller don't play well with Finale "Human Performance", but I don't know if that is still an issue in Finale 2008a. Does anyone know? Has this problem been fixed? It seems like Finale 2008a HP does NOT recognize it, and "pizz" "arco" don't work properly.

Also, I heard about Gofriller 3.03, so I installed the zip file that is supposed to correct the pitch off-by-octave problem. But now every time I choose Gofriller, it can't find the samples! How can I fix that problem?
    Last edited by RickMcGowan; 01-20-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: clarify

Re: Strad and Gofriller don't seem to work correctly with Finale 2008a

Although I do have Finale 2008 I don't have the Strad or Gofriller.

My first reaction is that a file needs to be added to the Finale directory so I tried a search and found the following for the Gofriller:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...t=Finale+Strad

There may be one for the Strad and I'm still looking.

... And here is the Stradivari.txt file:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...40&postcount=2
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Strad and Gofriller don't seem to work with Finale 2008a

This won't help much, but I'm on a Mac, did the standard Strad install last year and everything got loaded correctly right from the start. Finale (2007/2008) & HP interpret the Strad beautifully. They work great together.

Jeff

Re: Strad and Gofriller don't seem to work correctly with Finale 2008a

Quote Originally Posted by RickMcGowan
    And, I've heard that Strad and Gofriller don't play well with Finale "Human Performance", but I don't know if that is still an issue in Finale 2008a. Does anyone know? Has this problem been fixed? It seems like Finale 2008a HP does NOT recognize it, and "pizz" "arco" don't work properly.
    I'm not sure where you heard/read this, but both the Strad and Gofriller work perfectly fine wih Finale.

HP also recognizes all articulations and expressions perfectly well.

I've posted a few demos here using nothing but Finale, with the Strad and the Gofriller. They are great. I love the new solo strings, they are incredibly realistic, even from within Finale.

The above procedure (load/browser, and then save) does not work for me. It still doesn't find the samples. Every single time I have to search/browse for them... Not so fun.

And Finale HP doesn't recognize or play the articulations correctly when Gofriller cello is loaded.

which version of Finale are you using?

and have you also installed the update for the Gofriller cello?

find it here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=54696

The reason HP is not playing your expressions is that the whole cello is off by one octave, so the keyswitches are playing the wrong notes.

I can assure you, and my recent demos are proof of it, that the Gofriller and the Strad both work perfectly well with Finale and HumanPlayback. All articulations and expressions are recognized.

After loading the Stradivari.txt file into the right place in Finale, it works. I.e., it shows up in the Setup wizard. Thanks!! How come I can't find a similar instrument file for the Gofriller??

But: articulations in HP for the Strad do NOT WORK. I can have the same music setup for the Gagli 1 solo and for the Strad, and the Strad just doesn't work with human performance.

I would have thought there would be a sticky thread somewhere on this forum that gives the details of how to get these to work with Finale 2008...!

I am using Finale 2008a, the absolute latest. And my Strad & Gofriller are also new. I installed the 3.03 Gofriller file that is supposed to fix the octave problem. But stuff still doesn't work.

1. Artictulations for both Gofriller and Strad do not work.

2. Gofriller 3.03 *always* says it can't find the samples.

3. Gofriller does not show up in Finale 2008 setup wizard, but after installing "Stradivari.txt" the Strad does show up. What is the right file to get the Gofriller to show up?
    Last edited by RickMcGowan; 01-20-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: correct a typo and clarify

Rick,

Are your Strad/Gopher techniques selected in HP preferences?
    Are your staves named correctly so HP recognizes them as these instruments?

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Are your Strad/Gopher techniques selected in HP preferences?
    Are your staves named correctly so HP recognizes them as these instruments?
    JT
    Yes the techniques are selected in HP preferences. They are selected by default, but I just double-checked.

How are the staves *supposed* to be named? Now that the wizard works for Strad, I can just use the wizard. It names the staff "violin". I tried renaming to "Stradivari" but that doesn't have any effect. The pizz/arco techniques just don't work properly.

Go Back to forum