• Register
  • Help

Topic: Various cues from my current project

Share/Bookmark

Various cues from my current project

I posted a piece written for this sci-fi project a while back called Vastness of Space. I just felt like sharing a few other pieces I've written for various cutscenes throughout the game. Unfortunately not all the cutscenes are complete so I didn't attach video to the cues, but I can explain the general theme behind each. I've tried to keep a central motif and similar feel between each composition.

First up is multivaders_menu.mp3. This is simply the looping piece from the main menu. It has a little variation but isn't intended to be heard for very long.

an_unwelcome_guest.mp3 plays when the game's enemies first make their appearence in the game and attack the player's ship.

The next piece, multivaders_mockup1.mp3 plays as the camera tracks a small ship flying past a huge fleet before panning inside a huge craft. It flies through the interior showing the crew bustling about and preparing to embark on some kind of mission.

multivaders_mockup2.mp3 plays as the good guys are being heavily attacked. They fix their whatever-non-cliché-name-I-can-come-up-with-for-warpdrives and manage to escape just in time.

The multivaders_deadspace.mp3 cue plays while the good guys are exploring a deserted mining colony on a stray asteroid. It's supposed to be a little creepy - I think I have been inadvertently inspired by a movie score but I can't think which one.

Lastly, yesterday evening I wrote a slower variation of one of the game score's themes - multivaders_slow.mp3. It will be a short cue showing the good guy's main ship cruising slowly through space.

Any comments or crits are welcome.

Re: Various cues from my current project

Nice work! Really liked your tunes. All the good with the project.

Cheers!
    /Matti
    matti tuomela
    sound designer & composer
    http://www.drivparm.com/mtuomela

Awesome, glad you enjoyed the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
    The multivaders_deadspace.mp3 cue plays while the good guys are exploring a deserted mining colony on a stray asteroid. It's supposed to be a little creepy - I think I have been inadvertently inspired by a movie score but I can't think which one.
    I think maybe "The Illusionist".

I posted a piece written for this sci-fi project a while back called Vastness of Space. I just felt like sharing a few other pieces I've written for various cutscenes throughout the game. Unfortunately not all the cutscenes are complete so I didn't attach video to the cues, but I can explain the general theme behind each. I've tried to keep a central motif and similar feel between each composition.

First up is multivaders_menu.mp3. This is simply the looping piece from the main menu. It has a little variation but isn't intended to be heard for very long.

an_unwelcome_guest.mp3 plays when the game's enemies first make their appearence in the game and attack the player's ship.

The next piece, multivaders_mockup1.mp3 plays as the camera tracks a small ship flying past a huge fleet before panning inside a huge craft. It flies through the interior showing the crew bustling about and preparing to embark on some kind of mission.

multivaders_mockup2.mp3 plays as the good guys are being heavily attacked. They fix their whatever-non-cliché-name-I-can-come-up-with-for-warpdrives and manage to escape just in time.

Lastly, yesterday evening I wrote a slower variation of one of the game score's themes - multivaders_slow.mp3. It will be a short cue showing the good guy's main ship cruising slowly through space.

This is great! I loved your work! I'm heading for your homepage asap.

I posted a piece written for this sci-fi project a while
    Hey cool work! Nice to hear all the tracks from a single project. Consistently good work all the way through. Expressive and memorable.

You're up in Realtime Worlds Say hi to Roland P, used to work with him back in Australia!
    Composer / Sound Designer / Audio Engineer
    GroovyAudio

Go Back to forum