• Register
  • Help

Topic: LOS ANGELES composers- Are you familiar with the "Andromeda String Quartet"?

Share/Bookmark

LOS ANGELES composers- Are you familiar with the "Andromeda String Quartet"?

I just talked to them this morning (pertaining to my other thread) and am considering using them. They claim to have been together for many years, all have Master's degree's, and have performed on numerous TV and movie soundtracks. What was funny is that one of the member's told me that this was not the first time they were asked to "bail out" Las Vegas string players. I certainly hope it works for me this time. My god, they couldn't be any worse than what I already worked with yesterday.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: LOS ANGELES composers- Are you familiar with the "Andromeda String Quartet"?

I am not familiar with them. But the fact that they have been performing together for a long time is a very good start for the quartet. They will most likely sound better and be more in tune as a result.

They may or may not have experience working with a conductor as a quartet. See what they prefer as a group and use that.

And are you using a click track for tempo? Make sure they are use to hearing that click tempo in their ears before expecting that they can play with that. Some "classical" musicians are not use to the click and hence...don't play as well when they are forced to play to it. Studio musicians are so use to the click, when you don't have one, they get annoyed.

If you don't have a click...then no worries.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: LOS ANGELES composers- Are you familiar with the "Andromeda String Quartet"?

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7
    What was funny is that one of the member's told me that this was not the first time they were asked to "bail out" Las Vegas string players.
    I just don't like that comment from behalf of a professional. I don't think one could go about and bad telling other peers on potential employers... Bad in my book.

But that's as far as attitude, on how I see it.

Nothing more from me. I'm in London.

Yeah, I wasn't keen on that comment either.... however it could be true.

Go Back to forum