• Register
  • Help

Topic: how to change your voice to sound like someone else...

Share/Bookmark

how to change your voice to sound like someone else...

yeah....how to change your voice to sound like someone elses?:P

I'm not american,what do you call it?:P voice converter,distortion,changer?

What applications is out there?

And are there somewhere you can read of frequenses that people have found who sound like this and that person?

Re: Making your own voice someone elses...

Hi Audun,

I'm not sure what you mean either. What comes to mind is pitch stretching up and down and vocoding (where a synthesizer "speaks" using the speech syllables of your voice). You can also add effects and equalization to any amplified or recorded voice to make a voice boomy or sound like it's coming from a can. Compression will even out the highs and lows of the volume of a person talking.

Microphones record sound slightly differently than what our ears hear. The loudspeakers can also distort playback of a sound. Radio announcers tend to speak into microphone systems that have been heavily tailored to make their voices sound good. Many even have a Radio Voice different from their normal one.

As far as people sounding like other people, trained professional voice actors can mimic others, often in accent, speech mannerisms, and even tone. I'm not aware of software that can learn someone's voice and make "them" say your words, as is done in many spy movies, but I wouldn't put it past being in development.

Hope that helps a bit,
    Reegs

I need to sing my own words on certain songs,and I need to sound like Snoop Dogg:P

I need a program that can "morph" my voice into someone else.Change the character from my voice to someone else,without mimicing or impersinate but simply adjusting knobs and buttons

The magic "one button make a hit" machine.

Google "melodyne" for changing pitch and "match EQ" for adjusting timbre. Nevertheless it will be lots of work, need a good ear and the result is uncertain. Impersonating could be easier if your voice already has about the same range.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Audun_Jemtland
    I need to sing my own words on certain songs,and I need to sound like Snoop Dogg:P

I need a program that can "morph" my voice into someone else.Change the character from my voice to someone else,without mimicing or impersinate but simply adjusting knobs and buttons
    This is actually a funny request. ...nevertheless, you can achieve so decent results with Melodyne.

Mac OS has software that will let you type in a phrase in text edit and a computer generated voice will read it back. You can choose from different voices as well. (i.e. male, female, adult or child) So as strange as that may sound, it could possibly be done on a more professional level.

Best of luck!

They've had text-to-speech synthesis for quite awhile now where they could type in words and make someone else say them. They took a speech from Bill Clinton, and after the program analyzed it they were making him say different things.

I really don't think this is publically available, though.

There is also Leon and Lola - the synth-speech singer package by zero-g.
    www.marktrainer.com

Go Back to forum