• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Advanced?

GPO Advanced?

Hi there. I am new to this forum and forst off I'd like to apologise if the subject of this topic has been discussed elsewhere (I did use the search and could not find any information, google too). Moreover I apologise if this topic should be posted elsewhere.
    I have read some informations about Garritan Personal Orchestra Advanced, but could not find anything besides an article from 2005 that it will be shipped soon. I can't find any more information about it. Is it out yet or is it in the making?

Re: GPO Advanced?

I don't want to speak for Gary Garritan, but I think it's in the works.
    Lots of things have happened in the last years that have made Gary develop his own audio engine (and advanced Sampling + Synthesis one) called ARIA. The first product using this engine is the Authorized Steinway Model D, but an Organ collection will be released in the upcoming months. What will come next is something only Gary knows. He stated some time ago they were going to develop GPO Advanced in collections, the first one being the strings: GOS2 (Garritan Orchestral Strings 2), but I don't know whether this is the next product that will see the light or not. I hope it is, since a lot of people want a better string library, and I'm sure GOS2 is gonna be the best outhere (I hope it will even be better than VSL Strings).

I would love to have an update to the update of the updates... thread, so we can see what to expect. Of course, I know Gary won't give any dates, and I understand him, but something like: "we're finishing GOS2", or "it will take at least a year longer" would be much appreciated.

British Columbia, Canada

Re: GPO Advanced?

A couple of weeks ago someone else asked about GPOA to which Gary replied with the following message.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    We're making good progress. I really don't like giving dates because of Murphy's Law that keeps interrupting the best of intentions. Last year we had no idea the setbacks we would encounter with the K2 Player. Now that those issues are manily solved we are focusing our efforts on the new libraries with our new player. Developing the ARIA software engine was much more involved than ever imagined but now it will ship soon with the Steinway. We hope to have the strings portion of GPOA finished this winter (don't hold me to it). Gary
    So it looks like there's a chance the strings will be released by Spring. (maybe)

Go Back to forum