• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any word on the Garritan Choral library?

Share/Bookmark

Any word on the Garritan Choral library?

This year's Winter NAMM has come and gone and, sadly, nothing was mentioned of the upcoming Choral library. Is it still in the works? Thanks!

James
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Re: Any word on the Garritan Choral library?

I think it is,
    but i guess it will not be released soon. I got the feeling that Gary is doing something really incredible (again) with this library. So i think that (like the piano) it is worth to wait a little bit!!!

I am sure it will sound fantastic!!

Roberto

I have asked, and am hoping for, a Choir Lite version that is made up of EXS files. This then would keep us in basic choir samples while waiting for the big and fantastic offering to come. I really needed one badly for this piece, but had to suffice with SoundFonts...

http://schneb.googlepages.com/music12
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Just a friendly "bump."
    James G. Eakin III, DMA
    Composer-In-Residence,
    Turtle Creek Chorale
    Assistant Director-Film Scoring program,
    Aspen Music Festival & School
    www.jameseakin.com

Quote Originally Posted by JamesIII
    This year's Winter NAMM has come and gone and, sadly, nothing was mentioned of the upcoming Choral library. Is it still in the works? Thanks!

James
    The short answer is 'Yes' it is very much still in the works and I was half expecting an announcement from Gary at NAMM on the choir library.
    As no announcement was made then I have to agree with Roberto and say that the Garritan choir is not about to be released soon.

We could be wrong of course; Gary sprang a few surprises on us at NAMM so everything is possible but on this one I feel we have to wait a while longer.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

A release is not imminent. Our focus has been on getting the ARIA player ready for prime time.

We are working on the choir library and developing its lyric singing abilities. This is progressing nicely. But it is a complex project and involving more time than we thought. If we give a rough date and don't meet it there will be disappointment. So right now "we will serve no wine before its time".

There is a lite version of the Choir known as "Sibelius Choral" (Sibelius only though - http://www.sibelius.com/products/choral/index.html) which include some of the samples from the larger library (oohs, ahhs and eehs from adult (SATB) and children choirs.

I'll try to keep everyone updated on the periodic update to the update posts.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post

I'll try to keep everyone updated on the periodic update to the update posts.

Best,

Gary
    Would you mind updating the update for the updated post that updated the previous update of the update that formally was an update to the updated update?

By the way ... what wine are we talking about?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum