• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fed UP with Fed Ex

Share/Bookmark

Fed UP with Fed Ex

I'm totally fed up with these guys. I ordered a StudioLogic SL990XP from Musician's Friend and I received a tracking # to follow its progress. Because I am never home during the day, I always call and request the package be left at the station to pick up. I called well ahead this time and explained that they should hold the package at the station as usual. So I call CS and they say it's in and ready to be picked up. I go to the station only to find out that it went out on the truck in the morning, THEN they called the driver and told him not to deliver it since I had requested it be left at the station. One of my neighbours sometimes will sign for packages for me as I know her and her husband really well but since Fed Ex told their driver not to bother going to my address to attempt delivery, he just drove around with it all day. STUPID is all I can say. And this isn't the first time either.

Obviously it's not the end of the world or anything but this kind of disorganization in a courier company leaves a lot to be desired, especially when they are lugging around a 60lb box. I hope none of the keys are broken!

Re: Fed UP with Fed Ex

All courier companies are like that unfortunately. They all suck pretty much when it comes to residential deliveries. My local UPS pick-up hours are 2pm - 4pm, so if a package can't be delivered due to needing a signature in person, I have to take off work and drive 30 minutes to the pick-up location. The whole signature thing seems to be random too. And if they decide I need to sign it in person there is no work around - I have to either take off work to wait for delivery or take off work to pick it up.

If your workplace has reception or someone that is around to take care of deliveries, consider giving them your work address and sign for it at work. It's the best way to go! Either reception can sign for it or if it must be you personally they can call you to come as sign for it.

I had two things coming UPS today. I jumped online around 4PM this afternoon and it showed they were delivered at 1:16PM. I work from home. I was here at that time. There was nothing on my doorstep and I never heard the doorbell ring. I called UPS and they said I'd have to get with the shipper and have them request a trace. Ugh!

Since the normal UPS guy comes late in the afternoon or evening I had a hunch this driver might not recognize my name and address. So I walked across the street tonight around 6:15PM to find my packages on the new neighbors doorstep. They haven't even fully moved in yet! LOL.

What a relief. I guess 3600 and 3601 looked too much alike to this particular driver. Geez.

I've had a lot of luck with DHL. Very fast, and great prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ericjm68
    I had two things coming UPS today. I jumped online around 4PM this afternoon and it showed they were delivered at 1:16PM. I work from home. I was here at that time. There was nothing on my doorstep and I never heard the doorbell ring. I called UPS and they said I'd have to get with the shipper and have them request a trace. Ugh!

Since the normal UPS guy comes late in the afternoon or evening I had a hunch this driver might not recognize my name and address. So I walked across the street tonight around 6:15PM to find my packages on the new neighbors doorstep. They haven't even fully moved in yet! LOL.

What a relief. I guess 3600 and 3601 looked too much alike to this particular driver. Geez.
    You're fortunate that this was just a mistake. I had a similar thing happen, where I kept watching the tracking page, and it said that a delivery attempt had been made, but noone was in to collect it. I was quite surprised, to say the least, since I was sat just behind my front door. So I phoned up the firm that Fedex subcontracts to in my area. Initially they tried to brazen it out, and insisted that they had made an attempt, and that I was mistaken. After I started to get a little irate they admitted that the driver simply hadn't bothered, because he felt he hadn't got time - but they'd put that a delivery attempt had been made so that there was no public record of them not meeting a deadline.

Needless to say I was not happy, having waited in all day for the package, but agreed to wait in the next day. Imagine my anger when the same thing happened the next day, and the next. And to add insult to injury, although I had been in contact with them on all three occasions, and they knew exactly what had gone on, after the third day my tracking details showed a notice that said this had been their third and final attempt, and I must now advise how they should proceed.

I just about crucified the poor guy I got on the phone. It was the one time I've avoided VAT, customs and Fedex fees, because I told them that if any bill arrived I would be charging them for three days at my professional rate.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW
    If your workplace has reception or someone that is around to take care of deliveries, consider giving them your work address and sign for it at work. It's the best way to go! Either reception can sign for it or if it must be you personally they can call you to come as sign for it.
    Actually, the place I work doesn't allow personal packages being delivered there.

Actually, I'm fed up with K-FED... and Britney.

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    So I call CS and they say it's in and ready to be picked up. I go to the station only to find out that it went out on the truck in the morning, THEN they called the driver and told him not to deliver it since I had requested it be left at the station.

Obviously it's not the end of the world or anything but this kind of disorganization in a courier company leaves a lot to be desired, especially when they are lugging around a 60lb box. I hope none of the keys are broken!
    The key with shipping companies like FedEx or UPS is to only go to their pickup locations in the evening, at the end of the delivery day. I would also suggest when you call their CS you have them connect you to the actual location, and force the person with whom you are speaking to physically find your item while you are on the phone with them.

The problem all these companies have is they ship SO MANY boxes each day with so much pressure to meet deadlines they have trouble doing anything different than the norm.

The big "pet peeve" I have with both UPS and FedEx is many times the drivers will bring packages up my front steps to my front door, putting them right next to the front door, then not ring the doorbell. I have called them and complained many times but they still have problems with some of their drivers. The drivers must assume no one is home, because they place packages literally less than two feet underneath by doorbell button; it's not like they have to do any extra work to ring the doorbell.

they are going to merge with UPS and call it FED UP. I have had things damaged the last few years by UPS that I dont see how they did it if they tired. Fed ex seems to be a lot easy to get a claim from though IVe had two the last month

Go Back to forum