• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fourth Squiddle

Share/Bookmark

Fourth Squiddle

Why is it called Fourth Squiddle? Well, I won't explain for fear of being understood!

GPO Steinway, using Sonar.

Fourth Squiddle

Richard

Re: Fourth Squiddle

Richard,

This piece sounds like it is straight out of a B horror movie. One of those double or triple features they used to play at the drive-ins. The girl is walking by the lake as the killer stalks her. Of course the girl takes off her top for some reason just before being either stabbed, shot, cut up with a chain saw or just tortured for a while by the bad guy. Good Stuff! (your music, not the other stuff) hehe.

Well done

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Richard,

This piece sounds like it is straight out of a B horror movie. One of those double or triple features they used to play at the drive-ins. The girl is walking by the lake as the killer stalks her. Of course the girl takes off her top for some reason just before being either stabbed, shot, cut up with a chain saw or just tortured for a while by the bad guy. Good Stuff! (your music, not the other stuff) hehe.

Well done

Ron
    Well, that is certainly an interesting interpretation. But in reality, there is no intentional program. It was composed with only the sound in mind, with not a thought of story or scenic background, or whatever. People often find things in music that were not specifically intended by the composer, and sometimes some wildly divergent ideas emerge. I consider this phenomenon as a good thing.

There is a meaning to the title, which derives from a tortuous chain of associations leading back to San Francisco in 1975, when my life was somewhat less tame than now.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Well, I just listened to the sounds and they were, as always, a stimulating listen.

If I were to imagine anything it would be a haphazard ride down a mountain road.

Phil

I love the title! Even though I have no idea what it means. But that's part of the fun of it. If Eric Satie didn't see the need to explain some of his more whackier titles, why should you?

The changes in texture that begin around two thirds of the way through made me sit up and pay even more attention. Some fine sounds here.

Owen

To me, the title needs no explanation whatsoever,
    Richard. Fourth Squiddle -- why, the meaning of it
    is self-evident.

Interesting evolution of your style in this, Richard;
    there's -- to me, anyway -- a greater depth and richness
    to the overall texture and sound.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum