• Register
  • Help

Topic: advice migrating GPO / JABB to a new mac

Share/Bookmark

advice migrating GPO / JABB to a new mac

I am looking into upgrading to a shiny new mac pro. I'm not the most technically savvy person, so any help you can provide is appreciated. The problem that I'm facing is that my current system is an old G4 867 PPC. So the versions of GPO and JABB that I have were purchased when they first hit the market (my cpu is so old that I haven't even upgraded to the fancy new Kontakt player 2).

If I get a new mac pro, can I install the program from these discs (I can't imagine that would even work)? Or do I have to get a UB version? Or is there another work around?

I rely on GPO for so much of my work right now that can't afford to not have it, and if that means buying it again, I will (it's worth it!).

Re: advice migrating GPO / JABB to a new mac

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    I am looking into upgrading to a shiny new mac pro. I'm not the most technically savvy person, so any help you can provide is appreciated. The problem that I'm facing is that my current system is an old G4 867 PPC. So the versions of GPO and JABB that I have were purchased when they first hit the market (my cpu is so old that I haven't even upgraded to the fancy new Kontakt player 2).

If I get a new mac pro, can I install the program from these discs (I can't imagine that would even work)? Or do I have to get a UB version? Or is there another work around?

I rely on GPO for so much of my work right now that can't afford to not have it, and if that means buying it again, I will (it's worth it!).
    Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the original installer might run. Maybe in Rosetta?

You may not even need it.

The Kontakt Player updates are provided free of charge through the NI Service center application and the NI website. Log into your NI user account on the website, select GPO from the pulldown under Updates in your user area, click on the Serial number for KP2 update, enter your original serial number and you'll get the KP2 serial number by email. The KP2 installer is available for download through the Service Center app or the NI website. Run that installer, and all you may need to copy from the original CD's are the nks files. The KP2 installer may prompt you for this, or you may need to do it manually after the installer completes.

Once it's completed, use the Service Center to authorize.

I think. I'm on a PC.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum