• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Where are the Strad and Gofriller?

Share/Bookmark

Where are the Strad and Gofriller?

I check the Garritan site every day (waiting for that "imminent" notice to be gone and to be able to buy the Steinway ). But today, the Strad and Gofriller are off the product list and not on the order page. Does this mean Aria versions are imminent?

Re: Where are the Strad and Gofriller?

they don't make strad and gof anymore. they're coming out with some better stuff in GOS2. and about the steinway i'm not sure.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    they don't make strad and gof anymore. they're coming out with some better stuff in GOS2. and about the steinway i'm not sure.
    Hello Keith,

This has come as a surprise. How do you know Gary has discontinued the Strad and gofriller?

Also Gary has made a few announcements about the Steinway; it was available to be pre-ordered during the 'Go Round' sale and there has been news of it from NAMM. It features the new ARIA player and is expected to be shipped this Spring.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

he said that they discontinued them during the friday chat. i was surprised too, but i guess that GOS2 will have the entire quartet (or quintet, not sure) that are all as good, if not better than the solo libraries now. anyway, thats all i know, but i'm sure there will be an update in the forum sometime soon.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    he said that they discontinued them during the friday chat. i was surprised too, but i guess that GOS2 will have the entire quartet (or quintet, not sure) that are all as good, if not better than the solo libraries now. anyway, thats all i know, but i'm sure there will be an update in the forum sometime soon.
    Thanks for the info Keith.

I'm sure there are good reasons for the change and a complete string quartet or quintet with the qualities of the Strad and Gofriller sounds good. It will be interesting to see how the pricing works out compared to the solo libraries. I'm also thinking about those who want just the Strad or Gofiller solo library but will now have to pay more for the complete set of instruments. Anyway, as you say I'm sure there will be an announcement to explain the new plans soon when all will be revealed.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I have the Stad and was thinking about purchasing the Gofrilla cello.
    Will the ARIA player support the Strad and Gofrilla?

If not, I would think may be it would be better to wait for the up and coming string quartet.
    David

"A painter who has no doubts about his own ability will attain very little" - Leonardo da Vinci.

As keithw said, in Friday's chat, Strad and gofriller are discontinued and there are much better ones including solo viola on the near horizon. For present users there will be an upgrade at a very reasonable price. I think the best to do right now is wait for Gary's post in the Updates section which he promised needs to have an Update of the Update that updated the previous Updates!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    ..... now is wait for Gary's post in the Updates section which he promised needs to have an Update of the Update that updated the previous Updates!
    Start over again, please. At the beginning there was ProductX. And the product was good. But somebody wanted an update. So there was an update: ProductX+1. Next we met another version, cloned but better Product X+1a. Then ... I loose track.

So I have to wait until Gary comes out with the pre-final update that updates all previous updates, which were updates of all other updated products, including the very first update. You dig it?

Raymond

I am sure Gary will have an announcement forthcoming.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I am sure, he will. This guy cant be stopped'. I ad a look at the map of ORcas Islands and couldn't find this company, but a chiropractor, restaurant, bar, townhall. I think they digged a cave somewhere to keep him quiet.

Raymond

Go Back to forum