• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sustain pedal doesn't work in my GPO harps

Share/Bookmark

Sustain pedal doesn't work in my GPO harps

I'm wondering why with the GPO harps my sustain pedal works in reverse--it cuts off the harp strings and makes them almost staccato. When the pedal is not in use, the notes sound more sustained, but not quite as much as I would expect with a pedal. (The pedal works in the normal way for all other instruments, both GPO and non-GPO, so I don't think it's the pedal's setting.)

I'm currently using Garageband and have a 76-key Korg Triton Extreme keyboard. Any thoughts? And is this the right place to post this?

Thanks--Saraswati

Re: Sustain pedal doesn't work in my GPO harps

The harps work as intended. You get hand stopped samples when depressing the pedal. With a "normal" sustain action you won't get a longer decay; the release envelopes are set at 6.4s so you get almost all there is in the samples.

This is actually a reasonable way to program the harps, since you don't have to depress a pedal on a physical harp to let the tone decay in its full length.

Thanks Nickie.

Actually I like it this way; makes it so easy to damp the notes. Especially good for South American harp music.

Go Back to forum