• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I Delete my .VST Files???

Share/Bookmark

Can I Delete my .VST Files???

hello, i was just thinking - i'm on a mac, and all i use is Logic, so is there any reason to keep .vsts or any one versions other than Audio Units?

i don't really know anything about this stuff. thanks.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Can I Delete my .VST Files???

Hi, Keith - I can't believe nobody's answered you yet.

Yes, you can delete them. I'm on a PC and never loaded the Audio Unit versions since they're for Macs - So, you don't need the VSTs, it would just be extra baggage.

Randy B.

thanks, i appreciate it. so i can get rid of all .vst extensions? even that KontaktPlayer2.vst and PersonalOrchestra.vst? i figured i could, but wasn't sure. thanks again randy.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

hehe--You sound worried, Keith, since you've asked the same question again.

Audio Units are for Macs, VSTs are for PCs. As I said, when I've installed the various Garritan libraries, I've always skipped the AU versions since they won't do anything on my Windows PC. Users are given a choice between VST, AU and RTAS for Pro Tools. They are duplicates of the same sounds, programmed for the different systems.

There are VSTs for Mac, but always labelled MAC so users know which will work on their computer.

If you somehow gum up the works deleting files, re-installing of course is an option.

But right now you have duplicate versions of the same Garritan instruments.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum