• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphonic Choral

Share/Bookmark

Smile Symphonic Choral

Here I present you my "Symphonic Choral" for classical orchestra (GPO).

It starts with a solemn choral-like theme in the bass. Gradually all instruments join in until the whole orchestra brings it forth in splendid majesty.
    A fugato is following. At the end the choral theme comes up again with even more splendour by the use of jubilent violins.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=4391810

Hope you will like it ...

Gerd

www.gerdprengel.de
    www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=596451

Re: Symphonic Choral

Hello, Gerd - I'm really glad to see you back so soon with more of your wonderful music.

This is a very impressive piece, grand in scope and execution. I found it very inspiring.

You're working with a notation program, so there are the occasional robotic moments - notably some tympani rolls and also some fast string sections that have the "machine gun" effect, but they don't spoil the effect of hearing your inspirational composition.

Thank you very much for posting your Symphonic Chorale.

Randy B.

Thank you, Randy,
    you are a great encourager for me on this website! I wrote a good number of pieces in the past, and by and by I try, as good as I can, to record them with GPO.

As for the machine gun effect you are are right even though I tried to minimize them. Indeed I used a notation programm. I don't know how to do it in an other way.

Gerd

Hey!
    Very dramatic in the middle and I liked the use of strings here A fine piece and in my opinion, the timpani worked well! Will be waiting for further creations from you!
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Brindle View Post
    Hey!
    A fine piece and in my opinion, ...! Will be waiting for further creations from you!
    Thank you Mr. Brindle,
    I am glad that the piece does speak to you. I was fascinated here by the idea of building up the piece like a house. First the celli as the base, than the violas, ... violins, ... woodwinds and finally the brass instruments as the completion. This is an idea you find also in Beethoven's 7th symphony second movement or the song of joy in the 9th.

Gerd

Well done, Gerd. Of particular note was the well
    managed unfolding and building up of this; and the
    dramatic elements of the second segment.

Overall, with the rendering, I think the presentation
    would benefit from a better sense of phrasing and
    more smoothness in line and flow; though I do under-
    stand the difficulties of this in notation.

Much enjoyed!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum