• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Young Composers Challenge

Young Composers Challenge

If you know of any young people that are interested in composing music, the 2008 Young Composers Challenge is a free way for them to win prizes for their school and themselves, and to learn more about music composition. If they meet the following criteria, send them to http://www.youngcomposerschallenge.com.

1. Entrants must be between the ages of 13 and 18 years. (Entrants must be 13 years old by the date of submission and under 19 years old by the date of submission)

2. Entrants must reside in the Southeastern United States (Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama).

-- Martin

Re: Young Composers Challenge

Thanks!!! That sounds awesome. Being the amazing young composer that I am, I am totally going to attempt to maybe win that contest!
    Last edited by Cransworth; 01-28-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Grr...grammar....

Go for it!

-- Martin

I can't come up with anything. :/
    Someone, give me something about which I can compose for this contest.

I suggest you register and attend the workshop first. Then you may have more ideas.

-- Martin

I don't think I'll be able to attend the workshop with school and all (and because I live on Georgia, not Florida).

I think I've got something pretty somewhat good so far. I'll probably end up posting it if I like it.

The workshop is only one day and it is on a Saturday. See if you can get your parents to agree to bring you for the weekend. You can always go to Disney World while you're here.

-- Martin

Nope. It's the day I'm going to see Pictures at an Exhibition, and that is my favorite piece.

The Young Composers Challenge workshop was a great success with over 100 young people attending. Here are some photos of the event.

It's not too late to submit a piece, even if you did not attend the workshop. See the website for the details.

-- Martin

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Young Composers Challenge

Is this a private conversation or can anyone chime in?

It is always a pleasure seeing opportunities for our young composers such as this. When I was 13 - 18 all we could hope for was the local school dance.
    Good luck to you and just keep plugging positively it will come to you!

Go Back to forum