• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opening and ending theme

Opening and ending theme

This is the beginning and the end of the first part of a theatre/musical piece which I had to compose music for in the summer of 2006. It's a sort of fairy tale (actually a parody on Alice in Wonderland), so I wanted that atmosphere in my music. It was the first time I did something like that. In fact, it was my first 'big' assignment. I learned a lot from it!

This is the opening music. The main character falls asleep and the 'fairy-tale-world' awakes. It's the first time that the people hear the main theme.

I used GPO for everything, except for the percussion where I used ProjectSAM True Strike Starter Edition.

The next is the end of the first part. It starts very quiet, because the music had to start over the dialogues. The scene's about whether or not the main character will lose her head in the second part. When the piano begins, the lights turn on in the theatre. The end's a bit over the top, i know. But it was such fun!

I used GPO mainly for strings and WW. And I used ProjectSAM True Strike again for the percussion and ProjecSAM Brass (trumpets, horns and trombones) for the brass..

I hope you like it!

Re: Opening and ending theme

Welcome Hannes,

I have just listend to both and let me say: This is awesome!

Your compositions and orchestrating and mixing is very fine! BRAVO!

And also; you are showing here how great GPO can sound! I hope Gary will visit this thread and listen to your fine compositions!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Thanks for your very kind words, Gunther!

Hello, Hannes - I'm so happy to see you back again with more music for us to hear.

Magnificent theatre music! I am so impressed with both cues you presented here. Swept away by your sure handed compositional skills and superb craftsmanship at putting together great sounding recordings.

The theatre company must have been thrilled with your contribution to the show.

Randy B.

Very nice material.

Thanks for the music.

@rbowser- and brsmith: Thank you for listening and for your comments! It's always nice to hear what others think about one's work!

Excellent material, Hannes; beautifully handled, well
    paced, and ably orchestrated. I also especially liked
    the well written piano work in the second segment.

I'm looking forward to hearing what comes in between
    these two bookends!

My best,

Very nice work here!
    Very impressive ...

You have a great skill with orchestrating to get that perfect theater/cinematic sound - tons of drama and good use of suspensions and non-harmonic dissonance.

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

I liked the experience, and would like to hear more of your compositions. Great ideas expresed beautifully and well rendered. Thanks for posting, best wishes.

@etLux, Michael A. Wiktor and taylorchandler: Thank you very much for all your nice comments! It means a lot to me! Thanks!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast