• Register
  • Help

Topic: Proposal - Documentation requests for Aria and new libraries

Share/Bookmark

Question Proposal - Documentation requests for Aria and new libraries

Folks, as one can well understand, the release of the new player and instrument libraries will undoubtedly generate a myriad of questions, requests for documentation, explanation of new playing methods, explanation of how they will interface with popular sequencers, notation programs, etc., so I propose that we start a thread and list some of the questions that we all have, in order to help Gary and staff prioritize their documentation of the new products, and to prevent each of us from asking the same questions repeatedly. We could also throw in some suggestions on promotion for the new libraries.
    This could serve as a place holder of sorts for our questions, that way Gary and staff can better plan their documentation.
    This is not an expectation to get your questions answered immediately, nor to push for answers when they are not ready, but instead would help document our questions in an effort to better help Gary's staff prepare for them up front rather than after the products are rolled out. e.g. if 100 of us have the same question, it might merit being addressed as others (hopefully many new users to the Garritan libraries) will be asking the same question.

What do you think?

I'll start it off, with a request for a tutorial for interfacing with Sonar - I'm assuming there will be a .vst, but you know what happens when you assume
    Last edited by rfdillon; 01-29-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Clarification

Re: Proposal - Documentation requests for Aria and new libraries

Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon
    I'm assuming there will be a .vst, but you know what happens when you assume
    This is exactly the problem with a thread like this, no matter how appealing the idea might seem: it's very hard to ask relevant questions about a product you know next to nothing about.

And you run the risk of making the waters more muddy than they need to be, when you blindly ask questions about issues, that maybe later turn out to be non-issues.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to quench your enthusiasm about the new products, and I fully understand your impatience. But I think we should let the guys polish the stuff in peace. I am sure it will be out faster that way.

You mistake my motive - I am in no way asking Gary and staff to hurry their products, nor their documentation, and I'm not asking them to answer immediately - I thought it might be a good place to document some of our questions, so they can see our concerns and help identify them in order to help them to have a smooth rollout of their new products.

I'm sorry for not being more clear, and in no way was this intended to muddy the waters nor prevent them from "polishing their stuff in peace."

Hey rfdillon,

I have a tutorial for Sonar 7-KP2 in the works, and the process should mirror Aria pretty closely. I'm still writing it, but you can expect it soon.

Best,
    Reegs

The Aria VST plugin works pretty much like the original Kontakt Player 1.5.3 version. So far each library has it's own GUI so it can be customized instead of the generic skins NI is using with Kontakt Player 2.

Jim

Go Back to forum