• Register
  • Help

Topic: Removing all previous keyswitches from an instrument or staff

Share/Bookmark

Question Removing all previous keyswitches from an instrument or staff

Is there a way to remove all previous keyswitch data from an instrument or a staff? I have 4 keyswitch solo instruments (notation). Each one has it's own staff. Is there a midi file attached that needs deleting?
    thanks,
    Georg

Re: Removing all previous keyswitches from an instrument or staff

Hi Georg,

I'm not a Finale user, but I do know that your keyswitch information will be contained within your Finale file. There is no external midi file containing it. I imagine the keyswitch information will be readily cleared if you select the staff in question and clear all notes.

If you have a piano roll window in your notation program you also have the option of looking at the individual note data. Keyswitches are sent as midi notes, but they will appear outside the range of the instrument (usually an octave above or below.)

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Thanks Reegs,
    I actually tried deleting the measure, but that didn't remove the problem. I understand the keyswitch is a note, but where is it? must be a few measures before or something. I will investigate the piano roll idea.
    thanks
    georg

Hi Georg

Keyswitch infor (in a Finale file) does not actually get applied until you play the piece, save as midi or use the apply HP plugin.

The exception to this is if you have loaded a midi file with KS info already there, in which case you will actually see the note displayed in the score.

Essentially, to get rid of KS info, delete any expressions/articulations that apply a KS (eg tremolo, pizz etc)

Cheers...

Daz :0)

I knew this to be true that you just delete any expressions, etc... but I have cases where I have nothing but notes, and the expressions are gone, and I even re-entered the notes - after DELETING the measure, adn the behavior is still there. Behavior like, a trill over a note that have no 'tr' over it. Really strange. I actually think there is a bug in the Kontakt player 2.... so I really dont' feel like this is resolved. I am sure the devil is somewhere in the details. I guess there are not many people that have run into this...
    thanks for the ideas, though.
    cheers,
    Georg

Hi Georg

I would be very curious to see the file in question.

Is there a chance of you posting a link to the file which is exhibiting this behaviour?
    If you cannot post it anywhere, PM me to organise something else.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Go Back to forum