• Register
  • Help

Topic: I have GPO. Why does my Instrument list still show GM as the instrument?

Share/Bookmark

Question I have GPO. Why does my Instrument list still show GM as the instrument?

Hi,
    I created my file manually ( no wizard) . Then I went in the MIDI/Audio menu and manually chose KontaktPlayer2 and loaded my solo string ( notation in full GPO which I own). I dowloaded the instrumentlist.txt. But it seems like malfunction for the instrument list interface to be showing GM instruments instead of the ones i have loaded.
    Please enlighten me.
    thanks,
    Georg

Re: I have GPO. Why does my Instrument list still show GM as the instrument?

That's just what it does. You can just ignore it. If you're playing through VST, which you are, the instruments used will be showing in the K2 Player. Finale's Instrument list is only necessary if you're playing through Finale's soundfont.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    Finale's Instrument list is only necessary if you're playing through Finale's soundfont.
    The instrument list is still important. It is there that you set the initial Pan, Volume and Midi Channels.
    But Dan is correct in saying that you can ignore the fact that it says you're using GM.

Cheers...

Ok, thanks again gentlemen.

Go Back to forum