• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 3/Finale 2008 VST

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Kontakt 3/Finale 2008 VST

I'm trying to set up an ensemble in Finale, using Kontakt 3 instruments. In the 'create new ensemble' box in setup, I can see my gpo stuff, and all of my garritan/finale stuff from 2006 and 2007. I also see kontakt 2 -- but no kontakt 3.

I tried copying the vst files (.dll) into the FinaleVST folder but it did nothing...

Any ideas?

AJ Fox

Re: Kontakt 3/Finale 2008 VST

Quote Originally Posted by greenfox View Post
    I'm trying to set up an ensemble in Finale, using Kontakt 3 instruments. In the 'create new ensemble' box in setup, I can see my gpo stuff, and all of my garritan/finale stuff from 2006 and 2007. I also see kontakt 2 -- but no kontakt 3.

I tried copying the vst files (.dll) into the FinaleVST folder but it did nothing...

Any ideas?

AJ Fox
    I'm assuming you are talking about the dialog box which is displayed immediately after selecting "Create New Ensemble"? I think I see the same things as you: SmartMusic SoftSynth, various Garritan libs, and GPO Kontakt 2 Player. I believe the reason you don't see any Kontakt 3 items is there isn't an instrument list for Kontakt 3 in the FinaleVST folder. I've asked several places if one exists, but haven't received any replies.

I also use Kontakt 3 and what I do is choose my instruments from whichever displayed library is closest, create the document/template, and then load up Kontakt 3 with the VST Setup and define what I really want loaded there. It takes a bit longer, but I eventually wind up with what I want.

Hope this helps,
    randy

Go Back to forum