• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Aria Sample engine a blessing

Share/Bookmark

Aria Sample engine a blessing

One more dig for NI just received an upgrade for one product that I purchased. Ok went to the NI site downloaded the upgrade after multiple tries said file not found error 404. When I finally downloaded and installed . Loaded up the Kontakt 2.2.4.001 hoping to find my Artsvista piano Nothing!!! only garritans libraries appear. So for me just another reason to Praise Gary for the new engine Gary Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Aria Sample engine a blessing

Are you sure you are using KP2.2.4? If you are you using the VST plugin, did you remember to copy the new KP2.2.4 .dll to your VST folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    ...hoping to find my Artsvista piano Nothing!!! only garritans libraries appear...

Same here, Ranger! Miserable mess. If you find out first how to make the VGP appear in K2 Player, please report it here. I'll do the same.

Hans said to drag the old VGP libraries into a new VGP2 library folder. But there is none.

Larry

Angry Re: Aria Sample engine a blessing

You have to use your original disk for the files. The first file I tried to download was VGP2_kp2_2.24U thats when I received a file not found , then when I tried the second time the file that appeared was Kontakt2.224U. thats not the same file. I believe that the file we downloaded was an upgrade for the player not VGP. Once NI is installed Ok but to go through this its like a bad dream. I sent a e-mail to NI as soon as I get a response I will let you know(don't hold your breath they are not fast on the draw)

Yes for the 2.2.4.001 for now trying stand alone

I just deleted a couple of there products( 2 less in my computer) so now I have very expensive coasters(but less misery)

Something's not right here. Kontakt2.224U is an update of Kontakt 2, not Kontakt Player 2. The first one you mentioned (VGP2_kp2_2.24U), looks like the updater you need. That would be the one carrying the VGP2 library as well as the Kontakt Player 2.2.4 update.

There is an update for the Kontakt player from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4 which can be downloaded either at the NI site or using the service center.

NI did show a update to VGP2 in the Personal Update Manager page along with the Kontakt 2.2.4 updater in the same file section for who knows why. When you selected the VGP file you got a no file window and had to go back.

Now it still shows the Kontakt 2.2.4 updater but the VGP file is gone and it says that VGP2 has already been downloaded.

I did download the Kontakt 2.2.4 updater there and in the Service Center but VGP2 is a no show.

I hope they correct this before the weekend.

I remember having trouble with this updating system before.

Phil

Talking Re: Aria Sample engine a blessing

just got this in from Hans

"Unfortunately, the correct download is not showing up in NI Service Center yet. Hopefully it will be straightened out by tomorrow."

/Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

...the correct download is not showing up in NI Service Center...

It's sad that this news is not the least bit surprising.

The correct VGP update is available. I got it this way:

Go to the NI updates page and log in. http://www.native-instruments.com/in...id=updates&L=0

Look under Virtual Grand Piano -- NOT VGP2
    The update needed is called VGP2_KP2_224U_Win.zip
    There's a special serial number for it. You have to order it through this updates page and wait for them to send it by email (30 hours in my case -- may be faster now). The update cannot be started without the serial number.

This KP2 version shows up with other KP2 instruments like JABB; it is surely going to be nicer to use, with more control available. Quite a few changes have been made in the old patch structure. I successfully dragged the sample files over from my existing VGP1 folder, which is faster than getting them off your DVD.

Larry

Angry Re: Aria Sample engine a blessing

I'm afraid the OSX VGP is not there just tried Its still the Kontakt

Go Back to forum