• Register
  • Help

Topic: Affordable case for 88-key keyboard?

Affordable case for 88-key keyboard?

I'm looking to get a case for my 88-key (M-Audio Keystation Pro 88) controller.

I don't do a lot of heavy duty touring (the keyboard only leaves my studio a few times per year) so it doesn't have to be built like a tank. But I would like it to have solid sides (as opposed to just a gig bag) so that I can stack some other gear on top of it in my car. Wheels would be nice.

Ideally I'd like a canvas case with a solid inner shell (I have this type for my guitar and bass).

Most of the cases I can find are built to withstand a nuclear holocaust and cost $200-300.

Any suggestions for something in the $99-or-under range? I'd be willing to go with used/ebay if the product is light enough that shipping wouldn't cost a fortune.

Pacific Northwest

Re: Affordable case for 88-key keyboard?

I purchased something like what you described from Sweetwater a number of years ago - a generic case primarily made out of foam padding with a canvas shell for use with a Studiologic 880. Like you, I only needed it a few times a year (or less), but it flat out did not hold up very well as the padding quickly started coming apart. Even light use was too much for that case.

Go Back to forum