• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installing GPO K2 only...?

Share/Bookmark

Installing GPO K2 only...?

I have the very first version of GPO on cd's (several cd...). I just installed my system all over again and need to reinstall GPO too (of course). Now the last time I did that, I installed GPO from the cd's, including everything, so also the 'old' player. After that I installed GPO_KP2_223U_Win. This resulted in two GPO players in Sonar and if I remember well, various double folders with what seemed the same stuff in it.

I wonder if it is somehow possible to ONLY install GPO with the KP2 player immediately...? If so, how? If not, what's the best way to use the least amount of HD space? I do not need the old player for any projects.

Re: Installing GPO K2 only...?

Hi Jeroen,
    I have not tried it, but you might be able to get away with just running the KP2 installer and then copying the library files from the original CDs to your sample directory (by default this is in the C:\Program Files\Garritan\GPO Library or something). You may need to set the library path manually, but that's easy to do.

Please let me know if you try it and it works!

Best,
    Reegs

Okay, thanks for the tip: I'll give that a try and I'll let you know how it worked out.

Well, that worked like a charm! The KP2 installer even said I had to install the files manually and also told me where. So after installing I simply had to copy the three .nks files (there is one on every cd, total of three) into the Library folder and that was it! Perfect!

Good to hear it was that easy. Thanks for letting us know.

Have fun!

Reegs

Re: Installing GPO Finale 2007

I have loaded and unloaded the Garritan sounds 3,345,843 times. EVERY time I try to play a piece the sounds can't be found.

I'm using Windows XP with plenty of memory.

What's the deal?

Don the Bassist

Don,
    Try resetting your library path. Under the Info tab of the GPO box in the KP2 interface, there is a space to specify the path to your nks files. Perhaps the current setting is incorrect.

Best,
    Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Don,
    Try resetting your library path. Under the Info tab of the GPO box in the KP2 interface, there is a space to specify the path to your nks files. Perhaps the current setting is incorrect.
    Where is the KP2 interface located? Finale help shows nothing.
    Don

I think I need to do this as well, as I don't need the KP1 for anything at the moment. But doesn't the above process still keep the KP1 installed on the computer? Is there a way to just keep the KP2 and get rid of the KP1?

Go Back to forum