• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Prelude To A Spring Rose

Share/Bookmark

Prelude To A Spring Rose

This is just one of those winter doldrums kind of pieces written in anticipation of Puxatawny Phil not seeing his shadow and winter ending soon!

It is all GJBB and was fun to do. Sit back, get a warm cup of your favorite winter drink, shut your eyes and enjoy -

A Prelude To A Spring Rose
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Prelude To A Spring Rose

Rich

The background in bthis is great as is the sax, but something doesn't sound right. I think it is the guitar. Maybe it is just because of my cheap headphones, but at 13 1/2 seconds in, someting doesn't sound right.

Other than that, this was exactly what you said. I half expected Lena Horne to start signing at any second.

Well done

Ron

Jon,

Thanks for the comments. I worked most of Monday on the chord progression and the melody. After that, it was a matter of getting down in the sequencer and tweaked just right. (Or at least as best as I could.) The sax line took me a better part of a day to get the way I wanted it.

I'm from the Northeast part of Ohio (yeah, the Lake effect area). By your comments on the corn fields, you must be from western or south central Ohio.

Rich

Ron,

I listened to the section that you mentioned (13 1/2 seconds into the piece) and that is exactly where the guitar lead starts. It sounds fine on my head phones and my system desktop monitors so maybe it is your headphones or maybe I'm so close to the piece that I don't hear what you are talking about . There is one chord in the guitar melody part that I had a hard time with but that is much later in the melody line.

Thanks for giving it a listen and commenting.

Rich

Rich -

I ordered another drink . . . (and I don't even drink!).

Nice job. Clean, smooth - light-a-candle-and-dance-in-the-living-room music. Mellow, but enough of a challenge to listen to several times.

Quotes: "Small Hotel," etc. Just enough of a hint to make it feel improvised.

Thank you for sharing this.

Joe

It was an enjoyable relaxing listen. You did a nice job on it.

The sax sounded real good.

I missed the sexy blond with the low cut dress and smokey voice . Maybe next time, huh.

Phil

Rich

It is the guitar. The volume of it in my cheap headphones and I say again cheap, makes it sound like it is way too loud for a few spots in this. If no one else says anything, then just rack it up to my equipment, which is probably the case anyway. The rest of the mix sounds perfect.

Ron

Nice, RichR--What a dreamy warm piece, with a very agreeable progression and arrangement.

It sounded pretty good on my little computer speakers here. I think perhaps what Ron is responding to is how most of the guitar chords are so quickly dampened. It's certainly a realistic playing style, and I've noticed before that while a real Guitar can sound good with that playing style, it is difficult to pull off in the virtual realm. Letting chords ring is an easier way to make sampled guitars sound authentic, but that wouldn't fit the style you were going for.

I felt the lower drums were too predominant, giving it more of a constant bump and grind feel when if the kick and Toms were pulled back some, I think it would fit your breezy mood better.

Sure liked the tune though.

Randy B.

Joe,
    Thanks for the comments. Yep it's that kind of piece. It put me to sleep last night.

Thanks for the comments

Phil,

I'm really sorry about that. You'll have to provide your own sexy blonde to go with the music.

Thanks for the comments on the sax. There was a lot of cc work done on it. I'm still learning how to use all the controllers. It would be so much easier just to play in on my tenor, but then I would have to practice.

Rich

Question Re: Prelude To A Spring Rose

Nice piece Rich:
    What did you use to write/render this with?
    John

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast