• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fire burn and cauldron bubble

Share/Bookmark

Fire burn and cauldron bubble

Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.

My incidental music for the classic scene of 3 witches stirring their evil brew.

I composed this while I was supposed to be studying for finals this past Dec.( I aced all of my finals and Aced all of my courses as well). All of the instruments are either GPO or Jabb.

Here is the MP3
    Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

Comments are most welcome

Ron

(No cats were mistreated during the production of this and No cats were released into an orchestral Pit with instructions for the performers to play whatever note came into their minds if attacked by the aforementioned illusionary cat.)

Re: Fire burn and cauldron bubble

Great work Ron!

Can I borrow that cat for a bit sometime?

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Nice, this is one to save for the next Halloween contest !

This really had a nice feel to it, light, yet dark. (light as in weight) So are you going to do a MacBeth Music to compete with Randy? Again, nicely done!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Great work Ron!

Can I borrow that cat for a bit sometime?

Michael
    Michael

You know how many times I have come to you asking for your advice on my work. I usually differ to your judgement and try to work in all of your suggestions. In other words, I have always trusted your opinion, So I have no chioce but to once again trust you with your critique of this one as well.

As to the cat, the witch got her in the divorce.

Thank you for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Nice, this is one to save for the next Halloween contest !

This really had a nice feel to it, light, yet dark. (light as in weight) So are you going to do a MacBeth Music to compete with Randy? Again, nicely done!
    sanyarem

I try to begin a piece with an idea of what it is all about. The feelings that certain scenes or ideas conjure up. Then I try to put those feelings into notes. Sometimes it works, mostly, people hear what I compose and can't see how the music I wrote fits that particular scene at all. So for me to try to compete with someone like Randy that can almost always get people to see what he sees, is out of the question. I guess I just look at things differently than the majority of people and that is why they don't see what I see or hear what I hear.

I do appreciate the listen and the great comment.

Thanks again guys

Ron

Pretty weird alright. I'm not sure if I get a feeling of witches and the like but it does sounds like someone is up to no good. I see a musty smelling old house and who knows what's going on in there.

She can keep the cat. I once talked to a woman on the phone who said she slept with five cats. I thought to myself, what ever turns you on.

It was well done.

Phil

Phil

I don't know if you read the post I did just above yours (my reply to sanyarem), but your comments solidify what I said there.

I see the 3 witches brewing their evil concoction everytime I listen to this, but I know that others will say, where does he see that. It just goes to prove that I just don't see things the way everyone else does.

I onced lived with a woman that had 3 cats that slept with us. This was her idea not mine. I could handle it when we were sleeping, but being intimate with my girlfriend and being watched by 3 members of a different species, always felt weird. Those stupid cats would also pick the most inopportune times to let me know that they wanted to be petted.

Thanks for the listen

Ron

Ron! You're doing theatre music! I bet there's a stage director out there who'd love this for a production of "Macbeth."

Maybe I'm in an even quirkier mood than usual, but I loved it.

Randy B.

Randy

I went out of my way to talk about the cat, just for you and you didn't even mention it. I figured you had to know that the reference to the cat was pointed straight in your direction.

As to writing for the theater, I leave that for the masters such as yourself.

I just noticed that I can't even spell theatre right, so how can I, just a mere mortal, compose music for that venue?

You must have been in a quirky mood.

Thanks as always

Ron

Short afternoon break, time to say AH--so the cat reference Was for me. Well thanks--I didn't think cat-inspired randomization was involved this time around. - well - not ENtirely anyway.

Randy B.

Hi Ron,

Sorry I jumped in on this one so late... it's hard to keep up lately! But this definitely deserves a "bump"...

First let me comment on the rendering. It sounded just terrific! Just the right amount of reverb and whatever else you used to "sweeten" things up. You obviously did so judiciously and with great intelligence. It's so easy to overdo such things (I plead guilty to more than just one count myself), but your restraint is obvious in the quality of the overall sound.

The composition itself was just absolutely outstsanding, Ron! I hear more and more cohesiveness holding together your gleeful chaos. I was especially impressed with your percussion and woodwind work in this, along with that eighth note trombone lick that made a couple of appearances.

No doubt one of your best, and definitely one of my favorites!

Danny

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast