• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chateau de Jouissance

Share/Bookmark

Cool Chateau de Jouissance

Hi everybody,

Welcome to hear my Medieval symphonic fantasy called "Chateau de Jouissance".

__________________________________________________ ____________

The dwarf Orgando is visiting the king to give advice in a time of darkness.
    High up above the towers of the castle, the black crows fly in circles.
    Orgando has obscure plans that have been kept in secret from the Catholic church.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

mp3: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6227861

video score: http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...e=1&autoplay=1

All fantasies and associations are welcome

Fredrik
    Last edited by Fredrik; 02-02-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: adding mp3 file

Re: Chateau de Jouissance

Hello, Fredrik

Superb! What a thrilling thing it is to hear your symphonic fantasy - In the Castle of Pleasure is it?

Your use of Pizzicato is wonderful - GPO provides excellent Pizz doesn't it though?

And in general, I especially enjoy the combination of Piano with Orchestra. Its crisp percussiveness is usually such a welcome contrast to the big round sounds that an orchestra produces. And that is very true for me here in your piece.

This journey of yours is fraught with potential danger of the exciting, exhilarating kind - Serious deadly danger isn't imminent, but intrigues well worth the exploring are there, surreptitious meetings - and all in a very large corridor-filled space.

Your composition is so brilliantly put together and well recorded--I am in complete admiration of it.

Randy B.

Fredrik

Another great piece here. My guess is that the string players will not be happy doing all that pizz. They'd all go home with new blisters on their fingers.

Love the brass work.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Fredrik

Another great piece here. My guess is that the string players will not be happy doing all that pizz. They'd all go home with new blisters on their fingers.

Love the brass work.

Ron
    Lol...! Yes Ron,

In the castle of dreams and pleasures, the musicians are slaves to the wishes of the king. The dwarf Orgando has obscure plans that he keeps in secret.Here is the video score:

http://members.soundclick.com/fredhansa

Regards,

Fredrik

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello, Fredrik

Superb! What a thrilling thing it is to hear your symphonic fantasy - In the Castle of Pleasure is it?

Your use of Pizzicato is wonderful - GPO provides excellent Pizz doesn't it though?

And in general, I especially enjoy the combination of Piano with Orchestra. Its crisp percussiveness is usually such a welcome contrast to the big round sounds that an orchestra produces. And that is very true for me here in your piece.

This journey of yours is fraught with potential danger of the exciting, exhilarating kind - Serious deadly danger isn't imminent, but intrigues well worth the exploring are there, surreptitious meetings - and all in a very large corridor-filled space.

Your composition is so brilliantly put together and well recorded--I am in complete admiration of it.

Randy B.
    Hi Randy,

Yes, it's called the Castle of Pleasures! But as you already noticed in the music, some intrigues are lurking behind the grand facade.

Have posted a little more to my Medieval novella that I wrote three years ago called "The Pyramid in the Stained Glass".

http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...e=1&autoplay=1

Your imaginative comment on the music was very inspiring!

Regards,

Fredrik

Wow, that's some pizzicato work there!

You have managed to create a complete story that one's imagination, along with the music, can have fun with ...

I really admire your brass writing; i consider that you "fingerprint". I have a feeling I will be able to distinguish a Fredrik piece from other's by the brass ...

Great work Fredrik!

Michael
    "bump"
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Cool Re: Chateau de Jouissance

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Wow, that's some pizzicato work there!

You have managed to create a complete story that one's imagination, along with the music, can have fun with ...

I really admire your brass writing; i consider that you "fingerprint". I have a feeling I will be able to distinguish a Fredrik piece from other's by the brass ...

Great work Fredrik!

Michael
    "bump"
    Hi Michael,

Well, after having read your comment I immediately went on writing the next
    Scen 2.

(In the Royal bedroom of the castle)

Orgando enters the room quietly, but realizes very soon that the king is deep asleep.
    His sharp little eyes can see an open book near a half finished glass of wine. The cover of the book says "Doctor Faustus and His Final Descent to Hell". The king snores like a boar and the bed makes a squeaking sound that would drive any normal person mad. The dwarf walks around in the room. He walks around like he always has in many courts around Venice. He has seen a lot, but wants to forget most of it, especially what happened when the Catholic church found out about the books he was reading. A tiny wrinkle on his thin lips reveals a silent smile. Yes, he has come to the right place. He decides to sit here and wait until the king wakes up.
    mp3: http://www.esnips.com/doc/38c7df0c-a...violons-du-Roi

So long Michael, your pen is as sharp and flexible as a Samuraj sword!

Fredrik

Delightful!

I'd just listened to the companion to this, Fredrik.
    A most suitable mate, consistent with its fellow;
    and I enjoyed the variegated color and content
    and ensemble shifts of this.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.cm

Go Back to forum