• Register
  • Help

Topic: Not exactly a giveaway this time, but . . .

Share/Bookmark

Smile Not exactly a giveaway this time, but . . .

I have an Alesis SR-16 drum machine (with original power supply) that I never use. I am the second owner - in very good condition.
    Before I put it on Ebay, I was wondering if anyone had something they would trade for it. What do I want? Not a clue.

They go for around $75 - 100 or so on Ebay most of the time.
    If you have something to trade email me.

charles@momanmedia.com
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Not exactly a giveaway this time, but . . .

Hey, Charles - I was just thinking about you today. Why? Because it's a rare day off from the show for me, and I FINally had time to set up the Proteus in my studio!

OH man it's fun--and brings back such memories, when I would listen to the demo, and people playing it in the music stores Back When. It was the first time I'd heard such a huge amount of sound coming from one little slim box.

And the sounds are still pretty cool--Great layering possibilities etc.

THANKS AGAIN---I don't need the Alesis drum machine--That's the unit I used for Years, in tandem with my Alesis sequencer. It really wasn't too many years ago when I was still doing all my sequencing with the Alesis stuff!

Randy B.

Charles,
    Did you get your crash fixed? I lost track!

Jim

PS-the Proteus /2 is downstairs being driven by Overture 3! Retro all the way!! I had forgotten how nice those old Protei could sound!
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

I am glad you two are getting some use out of my old Proteus 1 and 2 - some very nice sounds in those rack units.

Leopard just did not work for me . . . yet.
    Others have about my same setup and software and were golden.
    On another forum it was suggested that I might have a bad stick of RAM among my 16 GB - but back over here in Tiger - not a hiccup. If I have bad RAM it would show up in Tiger land too.

So I am quite content with Tiger until a future version of Leopard comes out.
    A tech support guy at OWC said he had exactly the same problems I was having with Leopard on 2 different Macs, so it is a conflict somewhere that will get sorted out eventually.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Just sold it on Ebay - within minutes.
    I guess the SR-16 is still popular.

Go Back to forum