• Register
  • Help

Topic: I like GVI

Los Angeles

I like GVI

I recently got GVI to replace GS3. I'm very happy with it so far. One thing is I've noticed I can load many more instruments than I could in GS3. I still don't know what the limit is. Must be using some DFD extensions or something. And now I found out I can create keyswitches to cut in and out instruments on a stacked channel. Best of all, I haven't had a single crash.
    Dave M.
    P.S. got ExSC for sample conversion. That works great too!

Re: I like GVI

the limit at least on my daw ( 2 gig ram ) is about 1,5 - 1,6 gigs of samples loaded in GVI.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Re: I like GVI

Well a guy I can agree 100% with.

GVI w/ the 3GB PAE.

I use 4GB's of RAM and double the amount of content, but I actually think it's even more as I have 3 content hungry K2 based instruments, and 2 synths ( VSTi believe it or not ), and GVI based instruments are super stacked w/ GS3 libraries and some of Sonivox's stuff.

ExSC is a great choice as well.

I was just about to upgrade from the Chicken Sys Translator Giga Edition to the Pro version, but thankfully they have someone in " Customer Service " who is over condescending to customers in need of help, and he persuaded me to try another company's product, which BTW works much better than CS Pro does. I never had the chance to thank his arrogant arse.

Tascam released a version immediately after I found a duplicate ID bug that fixed the app last year, and I only use GS3 for creation now, and playback of LSAD, which it is well suited for.

I recently upgraded to the QX9650 / DP35DP combo w/ 4GB's of DDRII 800, and I could care less about 64bit.

GS4 and new drivers for my Scope DSP cards could persuade me, but I honestly do not see the need at this point.

I think by summertime there might be more mature apps to try, but for live, I have no need for further content at this time.

Garritan's Steinway, and Omnisphere are looking really good right now. Time will tell.

Glad You Made The Jump.

Go Back to forum