• Register
  • Help

Topic: symphonic poem - The Sun

Share/Bookmark

Smile symphonic poem - The Sun

This work wants to paint the rising of the sun, the sun beaming through the clouds, it's merciles power in the desert, it's life giving splendour and the sunset at the end of a day. Just as well it may describe the rise, splendour & passing of a man:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6234950

Hope you'll enjoy ...

Gerd

www.gerdprengel.de
    www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=596451

Re: symphonic poem - The Sun

Yes, I did enjoy this, Gerd!

Really effective job of conveying the vastly varied perspectives of the sun on our planet at any given moment. Your string work, in particular, was quite well done -- loved the relentless-sounding bowed ostinato.

Great job! Thanks for sharing this, Gerd!

Danny

Congratulations on posting another thoroughly enjoyable piece here in The Listening Room, Gerd.

Wonderful success in capturing the power of the sun, and its multi-faceted impact on this tiny ball of dust called Earth, and us even tinier creatures that crawl over it.

Very impressive orchestration, Gerd. I find the piece very energizing and captivating.

Thank you for it!

Randy B.

Hi Gerd,

This is an enjoyable composition that conveys very well the images you have described. The strings and woodwind are especially strong in this and go a long way towards 'painting the picture'.

I think this could be extended. So, if you get the opportunity .... But it stands well as it is.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Regards, Graham

Yes, I'm especially surprised (positively) by the introduction, as it bears similarities to something I created just recently. Additionally, something that stood out for me and had a grand effect was just after 2 minutes, when it calmed down for a bit and then built up towards the finale. Good work!
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Hi Gerd,

This is lovely. I particularly like the choice of instruments and the way you have melded them together.

The dawning at the beginning is particularly good I think.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

This work wants to paint the rising of the sun, the sun beaming through the clouds, it's merciles power in the desert, it's life giving power and it's sunset at the end of a day. Just as well it may describe the rise, splendour & passing of a man
    What a splendid concept with which to work, Gerd -- the
    analogy of man and sun -- and writing well befitting it,
    as well.

I must say this was a greatly enjoyed surprise from you,
    in its powerful, adventuresome writing and broad strokes;
    of your pieces I have heard thus far, definitely some of the
    strongest, most exciting work!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum