• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 'Hammonds'

Hi - I'm looking recommendations for a Hammond set of samples. I have the NI B4 (original version) which I quite like, but, well I'm looking for a change or some newer sounds to use along with this.

BTW, Mr. Scarbee, are you reading this

Re: 'Hammonds'

Virtual Instruments:
    How about upgrading to NI B4II?

You can upgrade for only $50:

LinPlug Organ 3

USB RetroOrgans UVI Soundcard (iLok dongle)

Sonivox B3 Hammond

I would love to see Scarbee do organs like what he did with EPs!

Ditto the above Scarbee idea. I'm assuming the OP is not a Logic user because Logic includes the EVB3 which is another very good emulation.

Check out soundfonts.it for the vb3 1.1. It's definitely worth checking out the free demo to see if you like it. Also there you will find a free organ, organized trio. Dirtbag is a cool organ sim for some over-the top distorted and delayed sounds.
    Eric Matlock

Wafflemaster - thanks for the tips. I have upgraded to B4 - its got some excellent 'experimental' sounds and is much better laid out (than the original).

Eric - I think the demo for the vb3 sounds generally fuller, gutsier and warmer than the b4. Theres a lot less parameters to play with, but then again it costs a fraction of the b4.

Ikari and Jimmy - yeah how good would a Scarbee b3 be!! If ever there was a developer destined to make this....

I still play a real hammond about once a month - and have been fairly happy with the b4. But i recommend do try it side by side with the vb3 demo, and you'll see what I mean.

I would say leave the plug-in realm for this one and buy a Nord C1 organ if you have the cash and an Electro II if you don't

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH View Post
    I would say leave the plug-in realm for this one and buy a Nord C1 organ if you have the cash and an Electro II if you don't
    Not sure i agree with this. I have an electro and use it only as a controller for the evb3 in Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Composer View Post
    As a former Hammond player, I'm pretty happy with B4II. The Leslie simulation is the weakest part, but that's usually true with simulations.
    I agree with your assessment, and in fact, play B4II through a Motion Sound Pro 3 with a Roland KC500 bottom, the Leslie sim altogether off in my B4 performance presets. The other complaint I have with B4II is that the distortion is just too heavy at levels above 3 or 4. These too get reduced in my performance setup.

Otherwise, I like the sound of B4II very much, compared with either the latest XK product from Hammond-Suzuki, or an aging tonewheel.

The VB3 product from Italy is also quite realistic sounding when played through a true rotating horn amplifier like the Pro 3. I've read on KVR-audio that the author is again rewriting the engine, for reasons of his own, incidently.

Go Back to forum