Post The Stainglass Pyramid

Roll cast:
    Orgando di Vitruvius: King Gore's joker from Venice
    King Gore: king
    The king's daughter: Lydia
    Trevio: romantic minstrel
    __________________________________________________ _____

Scene 2 - The Stainglass Pyramid - new version with piccolo trumpet

http://www.esnips.com/doc/2001f4b4-6...nglass-Pyramid.

__________________________________________________ ____
    Novella trailer: http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...content=videos

Scen 2. (In the Royal bedroom of the castle)

Orgando enters the room quietly, but realizes very soon that the king is deep asleep.
    His sharp little eyes can see an open book near a half finished glass of wine. The cover of the book says "Doctor Faustus and His Final Descent to Hell". The king snores like a boar and the bed makes a squeaking sound that would drive any normal person mad. The dwarf walks around in the room. He walks around like he always has in many courts around Venice. He has seen a lot, but wants to forget most of it, especially what happened when the Catholic church found out about the books he was reading. A tiny wrinkle on his thin lips reveals a silent smile. Yes, he has come to the right place. He decides to sit here and wait until the king wakes up.

Fredrik

Re: The Stainglass Pyramid

Fredrik-

I want to thank you so much for being here on the Forums, and presenting these astonishing concerts for us.

As with the previous section of this work, there is such a sure hand present in the music, there is such energetic erudition in the execution. I find it pure pleasure to listen.

Thank you - hear my applause?

Randy B.

Hi Fredrik,

You've managed to capture something of the old and new with this - and the effect is stunning! The fugue-like structure that is evident in this writing reminds me of early French organ music (Couperin, de Griny, Marchant et al) and this is amplified by the use of brass resembling the baroque organ. But the strings and orchestration generally help to bring this right up to the present time. This is incredibly powerful and effective.

There is a lot of reverb with this - but that helps to give a spacious feel to the sound that fits with the subject matter.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing more.

Graham

Thumbs up Re: The Stainglass Pyramid

Fredrick:
    I enjoyed your composition and took delight with the ending. Very well crafted and presented ideas that any orchestra would find rewarding to play and experience its well deserved audience exhuberant response. Thankyou for posting this.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Fredrik-

I want to thank you so much for being here on the Forums, and presenting these astonishing concerts for us.

As with the previous section of this work, there is such a sure hand present in the music, there is such energetic erudition in the execution. I find it pure pleasure to listen.

Thank you - hear my applause?

Randy B.
    Thanks Randy,

I'm glad you enjoyed the voyage in my time machine

The pleasure is also on my side! I'm glad Michael A.Wiktor brought me here!

Fredrik

You did a wonderful job Fredrik! ... combining the lush and very full romantic orchestral sweeps with the more regal sounds of early classical fugue.
    There is a lot of power and precision within the work to create a pleasurable balance for the ear.

Is there a scene 3 coming soon!??

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Cool Re: The Stainglass Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    You did a wonderful job Fredrik! ... combining the lush and very full romantic orchestral sweeps with the more regal sounds of early classical fugue.
    There is a lot of power and precision within the work to create a pleasurable balance for the ear.

Is there a scene 3 coming soon!??

Michael
    Yes Michael,

There is a third scene, but first here is a new and fresh mp3 recording of "The Stainglass Pyramid" that I did this morning.

Scene 2 - The Stainglass Pyramid - new piccolo trumpet version

There will be a dialog between King Gore and Orgando the dwarf.

Inspiring review Michael,

Fredrik

Quote Originally Posted by taylorchandler View Post
    Fredrick:
    I enjoyed your composition and took delight with the ending. Very well crafted and presented ideas that any orchestra would find rewarding to play and experience its well deserved audience exhuberant response. Thankyou for posting this.
    John
    Hi John,

this is the new piccolo trumpet version of "Stainglass Pyramid!"

__________________________________________________ ___

My piece is now split in 2 mp3 files because of the sounclick 4 min limit!

Thanks for lending an ear,

Fredrik

Fredrik

This one has a lot of power in it. Normally, I would not like this much reverb, but for this piece, it is not only tolerable but necessary and fits like a glove.

The brass was more subdued in this as compared to some of your other pieces and I like the diversity.

Many of us here us boxnet. The free version has a upload limit of 10 mb but no limit on time. It is a pity that we have to stop midstream and open another window to continue.

Regardless, this is another well done piece.

Ron

Cool Re: The Stainglass Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch View Post
    Hi Fredrik,

You've managed to capture something of the old and new with this - and the effect is stunning! The fugue-like structure that is evident in this writing reminds me of early French organ music (Couperin, de Griny, Marchant et al) and this is amplified by the use of brass resembling the baroque organ. But the strings and orchestration generally help to bring this right up to the present time. This is incredibly powerful and effective.

There is a lot of reverb with this - but that helps to give a spacious feel to the sound that fits with the subject matter.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing more.

Graham
    Hi Graham,

This piece is the freshly recorded version!

Regards,

Fredrik

Go Back to forum