• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Mia's Theme

Share/Bookmark

Mia's Theme

Hi everyone!

Mia'sTheme.mp3

This is the theme for Mia, a wandering female knight with a tragic past from the Golden Age radio fantasy project. Overall the piece is grounded and dramatic with a slight touch of Eastern flavor. It goes through various emotional states until finally evolving into warrior mode.

GPO is heavily used in this, consisting of the majority of the instruments, and some EWQLSO and other sounds are mixed in later. This song is a bit more stylish than my normal work, and it was a real challenge to complete due to computer problems. But in the end I think I was successful in getting the feel I wanted for this character's theme.

Thanks for listening, and I appreciate any and all feedback!

Re: Mia's Theme

Nice work, Mr. Sam. Good themes and skillful scoring and rendering. Ballsy brass work! I enjoyed your music.

Let us hear some more.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Sam:

Really great writing......I always enjoy hearing your
    music because I know it is going to be well thought-out.

Love the theme and the imaginative picture it paints.

This is really good, Sam.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Great stuff. I must echo the love for the brass writing (and the resulting sound you get in the playback).

I always look forward to the next installments of your Golden Age music - I've loved all of it so far.

Sam - A beautiful palette of sounds and textures. You really have a talent for telling a story with your music. I'm sure your client was quite happy with the results. My only concern was that in the very beginning I found some of the harp chords repetitive and somewhat predictable but I don't really have the radio play to go with it so I am just going on what I am hearing.

The rest of it was anything but predictable though. A fine job!

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Beautifully done! This is fine piece, and a terrific rendering. Loved the extremely high violin doubling - a wonderful touch. The opening is very evocative and, in places, quite touching. The heroic theme is well done, but I admit to being partial to the first half.

You have a tremendous grasp of this idiom/style. I agree with Larry that the brass work is superb (ok, so I used a different term than he did - he's right, by the way).

It's a lovely ride you've given us. Thanks!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Thanks very much! I tried to keep the brass at a minimum, to give it a more feminine feel, save for some outbursts here and there hehe, I got a lot of use out of the solo strad in this one though

I am thinking of getting the solo cello as I like the strad a lot, and it would have sounded good in this song, anyone using it here by chance?

Ooh... This is just... awesome. (Please excuse my non-technical vocabulary) I'm on my second listen.

I can imagine this being in the "World of Warcraft" (MMORPG) soundtrack... xD

I can't give any constructive criticism, considering my lack of experience in this field. But, yeah, I enjoyed it a lot.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Dillard View Post
    I am thinking of getting the solo cello as I like the strad a lot, and it would have sounded good in this song, anyone using it here by chance?
    I would guess a good half of the people here are using the Gofriller. It is as good as the Strad as much as a cello can be.
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast