• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Has anyone tried this company for live strings?

Share/Bookmark

Has anyone tried this company for live strings?

I am working on a solo singer/songwriter album and I came across these guys a little while back.
    realstrings.com
    The album calls for some string parts, some as a quartet and some as a full string section.
    I found the demos to be impressive as well as the credits but has anyone here used them? I have not inquired about prices but they seem like an affordable online alternative to flying out somewhere to have strings tracked. Any opinions or suggestions otherwise?
    Eric Matlock
    ericmatlock.com

Re: Has anyone tried this company for live strings?

Sounds good. Also check these guys out:

http://internetquartet.com/

Thanks for pointing me to that site. They sound good for the solo and quartet stuff.
    Eric Matlock
    ericmatlock.com

Be sure to check out efiddler.com to see what the violinist from the Internet Quartet is also capable of playing.

(wow! I like the idea)

Both seem to play ok but especially the Internet Quartet demos have a horrifying sound quality. Do they use contact microphones or something?

If it is to interest to anyone, I am setting up a service for strings recording right now. Three pilot projects are already running, after that it will be open.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Wow, Hannes! That's great news! I hope you will be very successful! This is really something that is lacking in Germany/Austria.

Who knows? As things are shaping up the way they do now, I might one day be your customer!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

realstrings.com is me. Please hit me with any questions you have in here or by email. I keep a simple blog as a kind of latest news page.

Quote Originally Posted by pwhitfield View Post
    realstrings.com is me. Please hit me with any questions you have in here or by email. I keep a simple blog as a kind of latest news page.
    Sent you a PM....thanks

Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Go Back to forum