• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Bach - Fugue in G-Minor for sax quartet using CMB

    Actually I must admit that I am reposting this, having already done so some months ago. I am pleased to announce that the Washington Saxophone Quartet will be performing this transcription at the Barns at Wolf Trap on Feb. 22nd as part of the Discovery Series programs ( http://www.wolftrap.org/performances/show022208.html ). The concert will be recorded and rebroadcast sometime in the future over NPR during a Center Stage from Wolf Trap program. Sooooo I hope that my transcription will survive the cutting room and make it on the air.

    In the mean time, here it is, rendered using Finale 2006 and the SATB saxophones of the CMB library;

    www.garybricault.com/mp3/FugueBwv542SaxQuartet.mp3

    I hope to be able to post the live performance here sometime in the near future.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  2. #2

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Well then, Gary, it's a time for CELEBRATION--and the usual "rule" against re-postings can certainly be waved, I'm sure everyone would agree.

    Simply wonderful news--and of such an imaginative project, in the line of sparkling Sax re-interpretations from you that we all admire.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    Randy B.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Well then, Gary, it's a time for CELEBRATION--and the usual "rule" against re-postings can certainly be waved, I'm sure everyone would agree.

    Simply wonderful news--and of such an imaginative project, in the line of sparkling Sax re-interpretations from you that we all admire.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    Randy B.
    Thanks so much for your kind comments and wishes. It really is neat to get a piece into are recognized performing venue with the added possibility of a broadcast afterwards. Certainly, some of the excitement that you feel as you approach the opening performance of Dorian. And definately the GPO/JABB/CMB libraries has to get credit for making the music attractive enough to gain the attention of the quartet to begin with.

    I shall post more information about a future broadcast of the performance if it comes to pass.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  4. #4

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Many congratulations on the performance, Gary! Well deserved!

    I'm very much looking forward to hearing the live performance
    of this one!

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Many congratulations on the performance, Gary! Well deserved!

    I'm very much looking forward to hearing the live performance
    of this one!

    My best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thanks David. I too look forward to hearing it live in two weeks. Hopefully I can obtain a recording of it to post here as a comparison to the CMB rendering. All exciting stuff happening.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  6. #6

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Gary

    Congrats!!!

    Wolf Trap is Big Time for those not familiar with it. It is a bit too far and expensive for me, but I wish you the best of luck there.


    Well Deserved

    Ron

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Gary

    Congrats!!!

    Wolf Trap is Big Time for those not familiar with it. It is a bit too far and expensive for me, but I wish you the best of luck there.

    Well Deserved

    Ron
    Ron..thanks for you kind words. Yes indeed it really is the big time. I hope that the concert is rebroadcast so I can share it with everyone here .

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,015

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Wow! Wolftrap.

    I hope that this will generate a lot of interest in your arrangements.

    I'm glad I have been able to listen here to your fine efforts.



    Phil

  9. #9
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Thumbs up Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric View Post
    Actually I must admit that I am reposting this, having already done so some months ago. I am pleased to announce that the Washington Saxophone Quartet will be performing this transcription at the Barns at Wolf Trap on Feb. 22nd as part of the Discovery Series programs ( http://www.wolftrap.org/performances/show022208.html ). The concert will be recorded and rebroadcast sometime in the future over NPR during a Center Stage from Wolf Trap program. Sooooo I hope that my transcription will survive the cutting room and make it on the air.

    In the mean time, here it is, rendered using Finale 2006 and the SATB saxophones of the CMB library;

    www.garybricault.com/mp3/FugueBwv542SaxQuartet.mp3

    I hope to be able to post the live performance here sometime in the near future.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com
    Awesome Gary! That's all I have to say ... awesome!
    Styxx

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Bach - Fugue in G-Major for sax quartet using CMB

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Wow! Wolftrap.

    I hope that this will generate a lot of interest in your arrangements.

    I'm glad I have been able to listen here to your fine efforts.

    Phil
    Thanks Phil. I hope so too. Of course any new material will be rendered with GPO/JABB/CMB libraries. That is how I got started with the sax group. They found me and liked what they heard in the samples on my web page.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •