• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piccolo trumpet version - The Stainglass Pyramid

Share/Bookmark

Cool Piccolo trumpet version - The Stainglass Pyramid

Hello everybody,

Have done a fresh recording of "The Stainglass Pyramid".

And added a piccolo trumpet to create an even more spatious sound...!

__________________________________________________ _
    Scen 2. (In the Royal bedroom of the castle)

Orgando enters the room quietly, but realizes very soon that the king is deep asleep.
    His sharp little eyes can see an open book near a half finished glass of wine. The cover of the book says "Doctor Faustus and His Final Descent to Hell". The king snores like a boar and the bed makes a squeaking sound that would drive any normal person mad. The dwarf walks around in the room. He walks around like he always has in many courts around Venice. He has seen a lot, but wants to forget most of it, especially what happened when the Catholic church found out about the books he was reading. A tiny wrinkle on his thin lips reveals a silent smile. Yes, he has come to the right place. He decides to sit here and wait until the king wakes up.

Fredrik

Thumbs up Re: Piccolo trumpet version - The Stainglass Pyramid

Nice use of picc. Fredrik. French Trumpeter Maurice Andre would like it and probably play it on an Eb trumpet. I look forward to the next piece from you.
    John

Re: Piccolo trumpet version - The Stainglass Pyramid

Very regal and yes Maurice Andre would certainly play this. I would, but my tired old lips can't get up there anymore.

Nice rendition!
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Fredrik

Well I do like this better. The Picc Trumpet sounds great and I didn't notice any distortion in this one at all.

This does have a more spatious feel to it as well.

Well Done

Ron

Cool Re: Piccolo trumpet version - The Stainglass Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by taylorchandler View Post
    Nice use of picc. Fredrik. French Trumpeter Maurice Andre would like it and probably play it on an Eb trumpet. I look forward to the next piece from you.
    John
    Hi John, and thanks!

I had a lot of fun with this piece while playing with the GPO piccolo trumpet

Yes, I will soon continue with the third scene of my Renaissance fantasy!

Regards,

Fredrik

I remember the previous version and this does have a nicer sound to it. I think the acoustics are more appropriate.

An over all fine rendering.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Very regal and yes Maurice Andre would certainly play this. I would, but my tired old lips can't get up there anymore.

Nice rendition!
    Hi Bill,

It's funny you should say "regal," because the original title was "Le Roi Soleil" (The Sun King) before I changed it to fit my play!

The title also had the subheading, "Monsieur Jean Baptiste Lully se promène dans le jardin de fruits de Louis Quatorze" (Mr. J.B. Lully takes a walk in the fruit garden of Louis XIV).

I'm glad to hear that you have played such a charming instrument as the Bach trumpet!

Regards,

Fredrik

Cool Re: Piccolo trumpet version - The Stainglass Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Fredrik

Well I do like this better. The Picc Trumpet sounds great and I didn't notice any distortion in this one at all.

This does have a more spatious feel to it as well.

Well Done

Ron
    Hi Ron,

I remember the first time I heard a piccolo trumpet! It was in the 60s when my father played "Penny Lane" for me!

I read the other day an article from the 60s that Paul McCartney had decided to include a piccolo trumpet in one of the Beatles songs called "Penny Lane" after having heard it's high reaching tone capacity. His Producer, George Martin had inspired him by playing some parts from Bach's Brandenburg concerto nr 2.

Thanks for lending an ear,

Fredrik

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I remember the previous version and this does have a nicer sound to it. I think the acoustics are more appropriate.

An over all fine rendering.

Phil
    Hi Fastlane,

Yes, I wanted it to sound clearer! I was also curious about exploring the capacities of the piccolo trumpet

Regards,

Fredrik

I noted two versions of this, Fredrik; I hope I have
    chosen the latter of them. In any event...

Bravo!

Grand, gorgeous writing that rings through the
    night with a compelling power and breadth, my
    friend. I have listened through this splendid
    heraldic journey several times now.

Wonderful!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast