• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: K2600 Sustain Pedal Not Working

Share/Bookmark

OT: K2600 Sustain Pedal Not Working

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to keep hammering you guys with Off Topic Hardware questions, but I've almost got my new studio space all set up. I'm having a problem with my Kurzweil K2600 Keyboard. I can't, for the life of me, get the sustain pedal to work.

MIDI information is being sent by the pedal (I can see the lights on my interface flash when I push it down and let it up), it is plugged into controller input 1, and the controller setup on the keyboard itself is set to 97ControlSetup, which is the default. By all rights, this thing should be working. I've tried other pedals and have gotten the same result, so I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the keyboard itself.

Does anyone else have one of the keyboards? I could really use some help. I tried to check Kurzweil's webpage, but the are lacking in the way of troubleshooting.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: OT: K2600 Sustain Pedal Not Working

Hi,

I have a K2500R that I use with a Yamaha KX88 and never had that problem-have you tried hooking up an external keyboard and tried it?

Paul

PS I'm selling the k2500R if you know anyone interested

Arrow Re: OT: K2600 Sustain Pedal Not Working

If you are running your DAW on XP, you can download the freeware Midiox MIDI utility from www.midiox.com and see the actual MIDI stream as it goes into your PC, that way you can look for CC64 to see if it is being transmitted from your keyboard. Also, there is an option in the KONTAKT 2 player with regard to how to treat CC64 controller data, whether to use it as a standard sustain function or not.

Is that "controller" input one, or "footswitch" input one? It should be footswitch.

Rob

Hi Jonny:
    Send an email to Kurzweil (or call and leave your number) They are prompt either way. I have had excellent results with their support. If you want to, you can configure your sliders to send any midi command including cc64, I use it for sustain, cc1, and cc7.
    John Taylor

Hi Johnny -

I have a K2600XS that I use all the time. I've never had a problem with the sustain not working, but I do remember that there are multiple footswitch jacks. Some are meant for expression pedals.

I can't check right now because I'm at work (at 10:20pm - sigh).

Try some of the other jacks. I'll check how I'm set up when I get home (if I ever do).

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

I'm finally home from work (9am to 11:45pm). Sheesh.

I just looked at my K2600xs and my sustain pedal is plugged into "switched pedals" #1. I'm using CtlSetup 99 Default Setup.

It's an official Kurzweil sustain pedal.

You don't say if everything else is working properly. Are you able to transmit MIDI note data to your computer?

Does it work locally?
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the help everyone. I got it to work. Originally, I had tried the pedal in every input on the machine, to no avail. Then, I remembered that I did a hard rest of the instrument and didn't try the inputs again. So, K's post reminded me of that. Sure enough, I had the input in the wrong slot, due to my experimenting. So, I put it back in input 1 and Voila!!

So, thanks a heap everyone.

Have a nice day.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum