• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marching Band Shows Up As KontaktPlayer2 In Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Marching Band Shows Up As KontaktPlayer2 In Sonar

Is there a way to change the name as it shows in Sonar (and anywhere else) to something like 'Garritan-Marching/Concert Band' instead of 'kontaktplayer2'?

Just gets a bit confusing when you also have the full Kontakt installed and it shows up as 'Kontakt2'.

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Hale Recordings
    Voice: 573-840-0653
    Fax: 573-727-6511

Re: Marching Band Shows Up As KontaktPlayer2 In Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by jhale1966 View Post
    Is there a way to change the name as it shows in Sonar (and anywhere else) to something like 'Garritan-Marching/Concert Band' instead of 'kontaktplayer2'?

Just gets a bit confusing when you also have the full Kontakt installed and it shows up as 'Kontakt2'.

Thanks!
    Hi Jim.
    Yes, you can do this.

Open up the Sonar Plugin Manager from the Tools menu. It may take a little time to come up. Select the DX or VSTi panel, depending on which type you use. Select KP2 from the list and then Plugin Properties. You will then be able to rename it!

Best,
    Reegs

All your KontatPlayer2 libraries will show up in the same interface. Jazz and Big Band, GPO, Art Vista Virtual Grand -- all the ones you own are invoked from a common panel in the parent player. It's a convenient setup.

If you rename the plug-in in Sonar, the new name will make less sense later, if you get more KontaktPlayer2 instruments. Just something that I didn't understand when I had only one KP2 instrument.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Jim.
    Yes, you can do this.

Open up the Sonar Plugin Manager from the Tools menu. It may take a little time to come up. Select the DX or VSTi panel, depending on which type you use. Select KP2 from the list and then Plugin Properties. You will then be able to rename it!

Best,
    Reegs
    It's strange - It would let me change the name under VSTPlugins, but the 'Properties' button was greyed out when I went to change the DXi version (which is the one I primarily use in Sonar.)

Maybe I should just take lallis's example and just get used to the setup as it is. I'd like to get the JABB Library - but need to save up a few more bucks.

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Hale Recordings
    Voice: 573-840-0653
    Fax: 573-727-6511

Interesting--I think actually that's a point of confusion for a lot of people who post about not being able to find their libraries.

It used to be that you would be looking for the specific Garritan Library, but with KP2, suddenly it's the player you look for since it's the engine for a whole family of instruments.

There's really no point in changing the name--You just have to think in terms of wanting Kontact in your project--ok, now what libraries do you want to load in it? Maybe you only have one choice, but it's great to have that KP2 in there with a whole roster of libraries tantalizingly lined up on the left, ready for your every command.

"...when I went to change the DXi version (which is the one I primarily use in Sonar.)..."

I highly recommend you investigate using the VSTi version instead of the DXi - When I first started using GPO, I was so annoyed at various problems that would come up--from doing some investigating, I realized that it was all due to the not-so-great DXi version--The VSTi is much more stable and compatible with Sonar.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum