• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Anyone tried pianotek? New VI only 16 megs!

Share/Bookmark

Anyone tried pianotek? New VI only 16 megs!

This is a modeled piano VI that is extremely lean on CPU power and memory. Sounds pretty damned great to me as I am playing the demo (45 day free trial although 8 keys are silenced throughout the range).

I like how you can change the piano from an upright to a concert grand with a couple motions on the editor. Very cool. I don't have a dedicated piano VI and this sounds terrific when played on my Studiologic SL990XP. Might just buy this!

Re: Anyone tried pianotek? New VI only 16 megs!

Hi
    I own the full version, and I love it. I take it you mean Pianoteq?

I'm sure there are plenty of comments in the "piano section" of this forum.

regards

Yes, the description fits "pianoteq"!

It is most excellent and I also have it (pianoteq 2.2). I'm most impressed by it and also the folks who made it are most kind actually and nice. Nice customer service etc...

I also have Ivory, and although I do use it occasionally, my piano is pianoteq, for now. Now if Garritan and EW, with their beats make new way, we'll see I guess...

Re: Anyone tried pianoteq? New VI only 16 megs!

Whoops! I meant pianoteq. Yeah, it's a gorgeous VI from the time I played with it yesterday. Great idea to have a trial download IMO since it gives the user actual time to play with it and see if it's right for them.

On its own, it does not strain my CPU but in Logic 8, I do see the occasional CPU spike. Aside from that, I'm totally going to buy this. I still cannot believe it's only 16 megabytes. I wonder if modeling will catch on with orchestral libs so we don't have to load 20 DVDs of sounds in the future....that would be nice.

Pianoteq is relatively new, so I am sure we can expect more, but great already

Have a look at "YouTube"
    http://uk.youtube.com/results?search...&search=Search

I ended up buying it and HOLY SMOKES is it nice. I like the fact that you have such control over the velocity and dynamics. I never realized that most sampled pianos have only 10-15 velocity switches while PianoTeq has 127 because it's modeled. Very cool. I've enjoyed loading the expansion sounds (for FREE- nice company!) and the harpsichord is great while the CP80 is the bomb.

Now I must retire as I'm thoroughly enjoying playing my StudioLogic SL990XP through PianoTeq.

Be sure to check out the PianoTeq forum at http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewforum.php?id=1

At the top of the page, there's a link to a Files page where people post fxp's, mp3's, and Cantabile files. (Cantabile lite is a free VST host that lets you create splits, so you can load up to four instances of PianoTeq across the keyboard, with different settings on each split.)

yes I have to get now!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

I mean get it. damn I can't type at all.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davecos View Post
    This is a modeled piano VI that is extremely lean on CPU power and memory. Sounds pretty damned great to me as I am playing the demo (45 day free trial although 8 keys are silenced throughout the range).

I like how you can change the piano from an upright to a concert grand with a couple motions on the editor. Very cool. I don't have a dedicated piano VI and this sounds terrific when played on my Studiologic SL990XP. Might just buy this!
    -----------------------
    I've been playing with the demo for a couple of weeks. I think this is a tremendous application. No mega gigs of samples. Best of all, it gives you access to to it's sound, (character of hammers, moving bridge etc. It's easy to make it 'sit' better in a mix than Ivory, (in my opinion)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast