• Register
  • Help

Topic: VST Host that likes multi processors?

Santa Monica, CA

VST Host for VI's that likes multi processors?

Help oh wise PC people! Does anyone know of a stable multi-processor VST host for VI's? I have a quad-core Xeon that seems to be very picky. Vstack crashes and also I tried Brainspawn's forte. Forte at least was happy some what until I started to adjust the buffer sizes since I was getting alot of pops and clicks (the VI's have no problems running in stand-alone). Any ideas?

Re: VST Host that likes multi processors?

Not a hell of a lot to do with your post, but look this up, it may give extra oomph in the right place..

Bryan H
    Equipment Hardware:
    Sager laptop (Clevo)
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1
    Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ 8.00 GB Ram
    2 x SSD drives 120 & 128 GB
    ST9160823AS 150GB 7200 rpm
    RME Fireface 800
    Gigastudio 4
    Native Instruments B4 VSTi Bridged "Jbridge"
    Dosbox 0.74 running "Texture" sequencer.

Re: VST Host that likes multi processors?

I use Reaper. I was on the same hunt for a VSTi host. Tried Forte, Cantabile, Plogue, etc. Nothing comes close. It's a full DAW program, but I only use it to host FX and instruments. Unbelievably processor efficient. I'm running 8 instances of Altiverb plus GVI and the CPU never goes above 50% with a 256 buffer setting (intel 3ghz core 2 duo, Windows XP). I also use a Frontier Design Dakota card for audio, which has a very efficient ASIO driver.

Reaper LOVES multiprocessors - so much so that you can tweak the program to handle them in a variety of ways.

It has no copy protection and payment is on the honor system.

Go Back to forum