• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chateau Renaissance

Share/Bookmark

Chateau Renaissance

Welcome to "CHATEAU RENAISSANCE"

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6068687

Scene 3.

Outside, high up in the air, some fat black birds sail like ghosts through the air... the dwarf stares at them and almost becomes hypnotized. He notices a strange pattern through the stained glass of one of the small windows. My god, it's a... it's a pyramid! He has seen this before somewhere, but where? He can't remember right now. He falls asleep, but wakes up again after a short moment. The king is still deep asleep. He wants to look in the book again:
    "The aging scholar makes a deal with the devil for youth, knowledge and a dazzling mistress. But when Faustus begins to regret his decision, the devil's assistant, Mephistopheles, sends Helen of Troy, the spellbinding seductress to seal Faustus' fate."
    Orgando turns another page in the book, wondering why the king is reading this book. He takes a slow breath and seizes the leather cover of the book again, going back to the first page... "1666, the legend of DOCTOR FAUSTUS. The tale of a German conjurer who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for a life of adventure and excitement."

Re: Chateau Renaissance

Fredrik:
    Well done. You have certainly captured the mood of the story scene you described. I like the very consistent nature of your "basso continuo" to drive home the point.

sos

Hey Fredrik,
    A nice new avatar for a brand new work! Like the Asian influence with the picture! ...

This one certainly crouches and growls at you! Listening to this gives me chills and a sneaky suspicion about the character. Enjoyed the dark waltz flow immensely; thought I recognized a quick little cadence that reminded me of your work from the "Quasar" stories ....

Excellent work Fredrik - and very captivating!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Cool Re: Chateau Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Hey Fredrik,
    A nice new avatar for a brand new work! Like the Asian influence with the picture! ...

This one certainly crouches and growls at you! Listening to this gives me chills and a sneaky suspicion about the character. Enjoyed the dark waltz flow immensely; thought I recognized a quick little cadence that reminded me of your work from the "Quasar" stories ....

Excellent work Fredrik - and very captivating!

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Yes, my wife helped me create the avatar, which is handwritten by her! This is my name in Chinese! I asked her to translate. She said: In Chinese it means something like: CHINA + "three fires on top of a tree"! It's a combination of 2 words

Always look forward to reading your creative reviews, Michael

Glad the joker (Orgando di Vitruvius) gave you the chills...the story will continue when the king finally wakes up in Scene 4.

You were right about a little cadenza from "Quasar"!

Fredrik

I like your musical tale. You're spot on musically with story line.

I think this would work well with some art work depicting the scenes. Maybe a visual performance.

I feel the presence of Hitchcock and Poe here.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Fredrik:
    Well done. You have certainly captured the mood of the story scene you described. I like the very consistent nature of your "basso continuo" to drive home the point.

sos
    Hi Sosmus,

I'm glad you enjyoyed your stay in the ChateauRenaissance!

Regards,

Fredrik

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I like your musical tale. You're spot on musically with story line.

I think this would work well with some art work depicting the scenes. Maybe a visual performance.

I feel the presence of Hitchcock and Poe here.

Phil
    Hi Phil,

Sure! Would be fun to find some actors and shoot something like this:
    http://www.hitchcock.se/Media/kallaren.avi

Yes, Bernard Herrman was a genius in composing dramatic music!

Regards,

Fredrik

A fascinating scene, Fredrik, well painted and subtly
    presented.

Nice use of pizzicato in this (enough, not too much)
    and an effective undercarriage of continuo that,
    again, does its work but does not overpower.

Fine job!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hello, Fredrik

You may recall how much I enjoyed your previous "Chateau," so I've been looking forward to this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    Welcome to "CHATEAU RENAISSANCE"
    THank you---brrrrrrrrrr---cold place you've invited me to, but I'm usually up for an adventure--so I follow on!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    Scene 3.

Outside, high up in the air, some fat black birds sail like ghosts through the air... the dwarf stares at them and almost becomes hypnotized. He notices a strange pattern through the stained glass of one of the small windows. My god, it's a... it's a pyramid! He has seen this before somewhere, but where? He can't remember right now. He falls asleep, but wakes up again after a short moment. The king is still deep asleep. He wants to look in the book again:
    "The aging scholar makes a deal with the devil for youth, knowledge and a dazzling mistress. But when Faustus begins to regret his decision, the devil's assistant, Mephistopheles, sends Helen of Troy, the spellbinding seductress to seal Faustus' fate."
    Orgando turns another page in the book, wondering why the king is reading this book. He takes a slow breath and seizes the leather cover of the book again, going back to the first page... "1666, the legend of DOCTOR FAUSTUS. The tale of a German conjurer who sells his soul to the devil in exchange for a life of adventure and excitement."
    Oh my yes---Flawless musical rendering of what you've described--Excellent work. And I smiled at the reference to Dr. Faustus - he's been on my mind of late, since "Dorian Gray" was inspired in part on that archetypal story.

Thank you Fredrik for continuing to so unselfishly share your fine music with us here.

Randy B.

Fredrik

Dark Dark Dark

The bass is delicious and keeps that darkness alive. Is that a contrabassoon and a bass clarinet?

Also which version of Sonar do you use?
    The pro or studio or what?

I think you have that bass right on the edge of the heat on this one. I can hear the walls shaking in the auditorium.

The marimba adds a nice touch when it comes in as well.

Overall, another fine example of your talent.

Well Done

Ron

Go Back to forum