• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for name of a orchestra work

Looking for name of a orchestra work

I went to see an incredible U.S. Premiere of Steven Mackey's "Time Release" last night by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra under Marin Alsop.
    I'd highly recommend checking out this piece if/when the recording is released.

They also played Strauss (Till Eugenspiel...), Debussy (Faun), and Stravinsky (Firebird suite), and knocked them all out of the park if you ask me -- really an excellent performance all around.

They played an encore piece which sounded insanely familiar but I can't place it. It was a short (maybe 4 minutes), modern, fast, percussive piece which liberally quoted Bach's Fugue no.2 from WTC. It was a great piece and I'd like to track down a recording -- anybody know what piece this is?

Re: Looking for name of a orchestra work

why not contact them and ask?
    -Keith Fuller

iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Looking for name of a orchestra work

They don't give out programs any more?

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Re: Looking for name of an orchestra work

It was an encore, not in the program.

I'll call them and ask, I just thought someone here might be familiar with the piece, and it might spark some discussion.

Go Back to forum