• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cannot Open Sonar Project After Deleting Atmosphere

Share/Bookmark

Cannot Open Sonar Project After Deleting Atmosphere

I have Sonar 7.0.2. In order to reduce ram use, I want to delete Atmosphere from the project (including the synth rack). When I delete it from the track and attempt to open the project, I cannot open it. I think I had the same problem when I tried to delete it from the synth rack. I have to alt-delete out and restart the computer.

Any thoughts? I really want to delete this plug in to free up some more ram (also it just annoys me that I cannot delete this plug in).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Cannot Open Sonar Project After Deleting Atmosphere

Hi Jeff, It would help to know how you inserting Atmosphere into the project. Was it inserted as a soft synth? When you click "insert "/ "soft synth", Sonar creates a MIDI track and an audio track, and if you delete Atmosphere from the synth rack view, those tracks will still remain and have to be deleted as well.
    The other possibility is that there is an audio track in the folder that needs to be deleted as well. You could choose "tools" / "clean audio folder" and try to see if there is a track containing Atmosphere. You can then delete that and get rid of the additional load on the CPU.
    John

Try opening your project in safe mode. Hold down the 'Shift' key when starting your sequencer. You'll need to reload your plugins.

Jim

Thanks everyone. I tried safe mode, but Atmopshere does not come up. The other plug-ins are Kontakt 2 (several tracks) and guitar Rig 2 (2 tracks as an effect).

I installed Atmosphere with its midi track.

Bigears, you might be one to something here. What happens if you freeze a track and then move the audio out of the track folder and then delete the track folder along with the soft synth? I was hoping that I would be left with the audio track and not have a problem. But, maybe there is something I am not aware of.

But, I think tha I actually bounced down the Atmosphere audio track, rather than freezing it. But I did then move it out of the folder that containined the softsynth and the midi track (and then deleted the softsynth and the midi track and deleted Atmopshere in the synth rack).

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks again for the input, everyone.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Well, it turns out I can open the project if I do not load Guitar Rig 2. But, if I load up Guitar Rig 2 (it does not matter whether I use the VST version or the DX version) and save it, I cannot reopen the project.

I had this problem before, but I thought it was fixed. Annoying!

jeffn1

It sounds like you might be getting somewhere. Are there any messages that pop up when you try to load the file? Maybe Sonar can't find the dll for Guitar Rig 2 when you try to re-load the file. You might check the Cakewalk / VST folder and see if it's there. Good luck, John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    It sounds like you might be getting somewhere. Are there any messages that pop up when you try to load the file? Maybe Sonar can't find the dll for Guitar Rig 2 when you try to re-load the file. You might check the Cakewalk / VST folder and see if it's there. Good luck, John
    Nope, no massages. It just freezes and I have to alt-shift-delete. Ultimately, I have to restart the computer. It is in the Cakewalk/SVT folder.

Thanks for your help.

jeffn1

Well, I don"t have Guitar Rig 2 so I can't really help you with that. Have you posted anything on the Sonar forum at Cakewalk?
    Maybe someone there has experienced something similar. John

Yep, I posted there and at K-v-R. I also posted with tech support at NI and Cakewalk.

This seems like the same issue I once had. Apprently some type of conflict between Kontakt 2 and Guitar Rig 2 (which is pretty amusing considering they are both NI products). It is sort of weird because it seems like the problem was triggered when I removed Atmosphere from the project.

The problem appeared to be resolved by moving one of the programs to a new folder (I think I moved Guitar Rig 1, but I am not sure).

In the meantime I am just deleting Guitar Rig 2 and reinstalling it each time I open the project. Just another of the many work-arounds I have to do. Good thing I don't have any deadlines.

Thanks for following up.

jeffn1

Hopefully someone will respond at the Sonar forum. Perhaps moving the plug-in after installation is the problem. Programs don't seem to like being moved around. Maybe you should consider re-installing Guitar Rig, making sure that the installation path is correct. That would certainly be easier than doing Kontakt! But you might have to go through the authorization process again. It's worth a shot if you have the time. John

Go Back to forum