• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Last Glimce

Share/Bookmark

The Last Glimpse

Hi,

This piece is a background movie piece.
    A gentle tune that suggests a scene in the movie where the main characters give up on finding what they hope to catch.
    Think of it as another 'Loch ness' film where they catch a glimpse of that long awaited mythical creature before they decide to let it go.

Instruments(GPO)
    Glockenspeil
    Marimba KS
    Harp Harmonics 1
    Double bass Pizz. Solo
    Viola section Tremolo

This piece is short as it would depict a key scene in the Film/movie, The Resolution.

Please feel free to post your say

Dan.

http://www.box.net/shared/q980d5gcgg
    Last edited by June-Bug-Dan; 02-10-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Multiple spelling errors
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Re: The Last Glimce

Hi, Dan

What a neat, short-and-sweet music cue. The combination of Pizz and Marimba worked well, playing the simple rhythm and chord shift you put together. I can see it working well in the way you intended.

I couldn't QUite follow the text of your post--Perhaps you were in a rush, because a sweep through with a spell checker and a double-checking on how you've explained things would help both you and us who are trying to follow "...give up on finding there catch..." - I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying---finding what they hope to catch?

And after puzzling over the subject line, I saw from what you tried to explain that this is a "Glimpse."

Pardon me for busting you on the spelling and sentence structure--I have to triple check everything I write online to catch missing words, misspellings etc--It's worth the few seconds effort.

Thanks for the interesting little film cue.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Dan

What a neat, short-and-sweet music cue. The combination of Pizz and Marimba worked well, playing the simple rhythm and chord shift you put together. I can see it working well in the way you intended.

I couldn't QUite follow the text of your post--Perhaps you were in a rush, because a sweep through with a spell checker and a double-checking on how you've explained things would help both you and us who are trying to follow "...give up on finding there catch..." - I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying---finding what they hope to catch?

And after puzzling over the subject line, I saw from what you tried to explain that this is a "Glimpse."

Pardon me for busting you on the spelling and sentence structure--I have to triple check everything I write online to catch missing words, misspellings etc--It's worth the few seconds effort.

Thanks for the interesting little film cue.

Randy B.
    Thanks for taking the time and effort you must be short of at the moment working with 'Dorian'.
    I'm happy with the results of this piece i hope you think so too.
    I hope everything is going well for you ('Dorian') and any other projects you may have going.

Kind Regards,
    Dan.

Hello again, Dan

"Dorian" goes very well, thanks for asking!

I've just been enjoying a quiet Sunday morning on this day off from rehearsals, catching up on the wonderful new posts here in our Listening Room.

"...i hope you think so too..."

Hey! Did my positive feedback get lost? My main point was to say I think it's a nice and effective music cue you've posted here. So I busted you on spell checking and sentence structure stuff--just want to help out on you explaining things in your text.

If you don't have it, Google provides a free tool bar which includes an excellent spell-checker, so you have that available for when you're online posting things.

But it's the music which is most important--I was hoping you heard me--that I like this!

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello again, Dan

"Dorian" goes very well, thanks for asking!

I've just been enjoying a quiet Sunday morning on this day off from rehearsals, catching up on the wonderful new posts here in our Listening Room.

"...i hope you think so too..."

Hey! Did my positive feedback get lost? My main point was to say I think it's a nice and effective music cue you've posted here. So I busted you on spell checking and sentence structure stuff--just want to help out on you explaining things in your text.

If you don't have it, Google provides a free tool bar which includes an excellent spell-checker, so you have that available for when you're online posting things.

But it's the music which is most important--I was hoping you heard me--that I like this!

Randy B.
    Hi Randy,
    I'm glad your getting a well earned rest from the exciting things that come with being a top notch composer!
    I'm glad you like this piece, i guess 'selective reading' comes to mind

Kind Regards,
    Dan.

A very well done cue, Dan -- very successful at
    capturing that elusive sense of still a little
    expectation left... while knowing it won't come
    to pass!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum