• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar, GPO problem: unexpanded looped tracks

Question Sonar, GPO problem: unexpanded looped tracks

I have recently installed GPO on my Win XP and updated to KP2. With some directory juggling I managed to get the KP1 also working, so I can use it in some old projects.

When I try to insert KP2 (DXI in VST) to a new Sonar project, everything seems to go well -- at first. But when I save and try to reopen, I get error message: "This project contains some looped tracks which could not be completely expanded". After that, the project opens, but it also opens and extra empty track window. After I close it, everything seems to be in place, but the synths in the rack do not make a sound.

What could be wrong here? What is a looped track? I understand about setting Sonar's loop markers, but there are none here. I understand about looping samples, but that is something that GPO should be handling behind the scene and definetely not my concern here.

I'm fairly computer literate, but on these music technologies, I'm a more of a newbie. So I may be doing something relatively simple wrong here. I would appreciate any hints, ideas and suggestions.

- Deltanix

Re: Sonar, GPO problem: unexpanded looped tracks

Hi Deltanix -

I can't help you, but I can let you know that I am having the same problem. Exact same
    error message.

I have a pile of older Sonar CWP files that I would like to audition and either delete or Save As (in the latest format). When I open them I see lots of tracks, some MIDI data (in the tracks), and that error message. If I click OK (or x), all my tracks disappear, leaving me with a blank Track View.

This has happened on several different files so far. I don't normally use looping of any kind, but I may have been experimenting at the time. I don't remember. There may or may not be Frozen MIDI audio tracks. I can't find out, because the error message won't let me click anything else.

I'm using Sonar 4 with either GPO or GOLD XP. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

"An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Go Back to forum