• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX multiple outs Logic 8

Share/Bookmark

RMX multiple outs Logic 8

Can someone help me get 8 outputs routed from RMX to 8 aux ins Logic 8?

Thanks in advance.

rllear

Re: RMX multiple outs Logic 8

First, update RMX to version 1.6

Then in Logic, open a multi-channel instance of RMX (not a strereo one), and create some Aux tracks.

You'll then assign the inputs of these Aux tracks to the individual outputs of RMX.

Thanks,
    I have the latest updates for RMX and Logic 8.
    Do I also need to go to the environment and create a multi insturment so I can have 8 midi tracks? Is there documentation on this for Logic 8 not 7?

thanks in advance

rllear

Hi..In Logic open RMX as a multi...Then load a patch from the factory multi bank in RMX.. Open the Mixer in Logic...Then in the bottom rite of the channel strip in the mixer click the + button to create as many aux channels as you need....If you assign each slot in the RMXs output first (outputA,outputB etc) When you create the additional auxs by clicking the + button they should be automatically assigned..If not click the I/O on each channel strip in Logic to assign them...

The channel strip that you inserted RMX in will be 1/2 or A in RMX..You don;t need to assign that,that happens as the default...I leave the auxs in the mixer window but you can bring them into the arrange by ctrl clicking and clicking the option for them to be shown in the arrange window...

You will notice that the auxs you create in the mixer go rite next to the channel strip you put RMX in without any lines seperateing them..This is a good feature so you know they are all one multi...Hope this helps.. JON

Jon,
    Thank you,
    very helpful. This is my first time using Logic in years,
    I love the + for assigning Aux.

Thanks again

rllear

Hi Rllear...Thanks..If you don't already know of this fine lads free videos regarding Logic 8..You will be very pleasantly delighted... http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SFLogicNinja ...Great stuff..

I admire the man for giving so freely...Enjoy...JON

Hey Jon,
    Great stuff. I am sure you know of http://www.macprovideo.com/ if not check it out.

Thanks

rllear

Hi Rllear..Yes I do know of that site and have watched the excerpts...I'm very broke and have a feeling it's gonna be the way it is for a while ....I like what I've seen there but at present can't afford it...

Here is a great site,there are a few actually..But I go here mostly.. http://www.logicprohelp.com/ ..The moderator has a book out about Logic 8.... If you don't know of the sire already it is worth a visit..JON

Go Back to forum