• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale GPO and Layers

Finale GPO and Layers

I did some searching on this forum and couldn't find this question, so I hope i'm not repeating it.

Could someone tell me how to assign GPO instruments to multiple layers in Finale 2008? I can get all the instruments I want on the first layer, but I can't seem to figure out how to add GPO instruments to a different layer on the same staff. Whenever I try, I only see the choices to add standard MIDI instruments.

Sorry if this question is one of those "easy-to-figure-out" or "read the manual!" questions
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Re: Finale GPO and Layers

you assign a channel to the layer you want via the Instrument list. it doesn't matter what instrument you actually assign, but you do need to "create new instrument" and assign a distinct channel.

HOWEVER, it is important to note that HumanPlayback will NOT playback dynamics, slurs and hairpins if they are different from those in layer 1. HP treats an entire staff as a single entity.

Re: Finale GPO and Layers

Awesome, thanks! And I appreciate the tip about HP on the different layers, I'm sure I would've had to ask about that to
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum