• Register
  • Help

Topic: Whats The Deal With Trilogy?

Share/Bookmark

Whats The Deal With Trilogy?

So has anybody with an Intel Mac used trilogy yet? Is it running flawless with the wrapper? Please give your thoughts..
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Whats The Deal With Trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    So has anybody with an Intel Mac used trilogy yet? Is it running flawless with the wrapper? Please give your thoughts..
    Partly because of Trilogy I haven't upgraded and I'm still on a G5. I'm sure someone here with actual experience will chime in soon.
    However, it's my understanding that intel/trilogy users are rather frustrated.
    JP

There has been lots of threads on this very issue. Yes, there is a solution for intel mac users, it's a 'wrapper'. It's not particularly stable and in some hosts latency is very high.
    HTH
    Jim
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

On my intel PTHD Accel II 7.4 system, latency is not bad at all. It is as playable as the old versions...and the CPU usage is very decent.

But Trilogy and atmosphere are the only 2 plugins that make me hit Apple-S a LOT after I instantiate them. They are crapshoots in terms of stability.

The wrapper clearly show down my brand new 8 core system under Logic,
    This is not acceptable, In the past, I always tell my friends that Spectrasonics stuffs never crash and very reliable...
    Too bad, it's different now...
    The authorization page pop up everytime I open the plug-in, of course, I always paste the right code but still,...
    Looking for other softwares then
    DS

Go Back to forum