• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Frenzy"

Share/Bookmark

"Frenzy"

This is my work for flute and harpsichord, "Frenzy".

Here is the flute/piano version.

The flute and harpsi are GPO and the piano is JABB.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Frenzy"

Larry:
    Very clever. Has nice momentum. I prefer the "Lurch meets Rampal" version, as it seems to fit the two instruments better.

sos

Gosh Larry, this is the second piece I’ve heard of yours today and my self-induced proclamation is that I’m skipping my coffee this morning and substituting it with your music. My eyes are now wide open.

Love the beginning of the piece. It’s like I’m in a vaudeville play and Sniley Wiplash is coming out on stage. Also enjoyed the non-syncopated waltz variation towards the end, it had the same effect as a trio section provides in a minuet. Gives a nice momentary break in the piece without disrupting the mood.

Only suggestion would be to slow down the trills of the piano and flute at the very end. There too fast and come out as a buzzing noise. Maybe you can’t slow them down, I don’t have those samples.

Anyway, great job…and really look forward to future postings from you.

Cass

Hi Larry, a great smooth touch with that music, it's the first time I hear a harpsichord. I just want to say it's a relaxing piece of work.
    Well done

Andino

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    Very clever. Has nice momentum. I prefer the "Lurch meets Rampal" version, as it seems to fit the two instruments better.

sos
    Many thanks, Mr. Steve. Your reviews always mean a lot to me. I'm just a beginner.

Appreciate it.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Gosh Larry, this is the second piece I’ve heard of yours today and my self-induced proclamation is that I’m skipping my coffee this morning and substituting it with your music. My eyes are now wide open.

Love the beginning of the piece. It’s like I’m in a vaudeville play and Sniley Wiplash is coming out on stage. Also enjoyed the non-syncopated waltz variation towards the end, it had the same effect as a trio section provides in a minuet. Gives a nice momentary break in the piece without disrupting the mood.

Only suggestion would be to slow down the trills of the piano and flute at the very end. There too fast and come out as a buzzing noise. Maybe you can’t slow them down, I don’t have those samples.

Anyway, great job…and really look forward to future postings from you.

Cass
    Thank you for listening to my efforts.

Best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Andino View Post
    Hi Larry, a great smooth touch with that music, it's the first time I hear a harpsichord. I just want to say it's a relaxing piece of work.
    Well done

Andino
    Thanks for your nice comments and welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Sounds like one of Mozart's show offy pieces where he just trys to show up everyone else in the room, (and succeeds). Wonderful little Waltz like flute dance.

It's been a while since I've been here. I've been slammed with school trips, and gigs, I just haven't brought myself to spend a lot of time composing. Luckily my schedules started to free up. Nice to be back in the game with all you guys.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr View Post
    Sounds like one of Mozart's show offy pieces where he just trys to show up everyone else in the room, (and succeeds). Wonderful little Waltz like flute dance.

It's been a while since I've been here. I've been slammed with school trips, and gigs, I just haven't brought myself to spend a lot of time composing. Luckily my schedules started to free up. Nice to be back in the game with all you guys.
    Thanks for your message and welcome back, young man.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Very good writing on this one.

I also like the harpsichord version the best.

It sounded like someone was distracted by a hot babe around 2:19.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast