• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Giovanni "wide-screen" Gabrieli composed works such as the "Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras" for the cathederals of the San Marco, Italy area. This particular setting of it is a special arrangement that I created for the Zenith Brass Ensemble ( http://www.zenithbrass.org/ ). It contains a number of soli passages between the brass choir and organ in dialog, in contrast to the nearly continuous playing by both in the original score. Here is a Finale 2006 rendering using the GPO brass and organ in all of its splender.

    www.garybricault.com/mp3/GabrieliJubilatiDeoZenith.mp3

    The Zenith Brass Ensemble is a group of outstanding Detroit area high school age brass musicians that perform several concerts a year. This particular piece will be the closing work for the concert being held 7PM on March 2nd at the St. Paul's United Methodist Church located in Rochester, Michigan.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    I strongly suspect you will need a powerful encore. This is brass writing at its best.

  3. #3

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Very well done arrangement (and rendering) of his, Gary.

    I appreciated the editorial liberty of incorporating dialog
    in this, Gary; it not only relieves a rather tedious tenor
    in the original, but likewise clarifies and enhances the
    lines and sense of the material.

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  4. #4

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    ... i just thought it sounded very good!
    Makes one want to revisit the master and study the work. Thought I had enough of that in school! ... guess not.

    Thank you for this Gary!

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    I strongly suspect you will need a powerful encore. This is brass writing at its best.
    Tom,

    Thanks indeed it is brass at its best. I am not sure what the director might have in mind as an encore. After this one might ask the question, "What's left to play?".

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Very well done arrangement (and rendering) of his, Gary.

    I appreciated the editorial liberty of incorporating dialog
    in this, Gary; it not only relieves a rather tedious tenor
    in the original, but likewise clarifies and enhances the
    lines and sense of the material.

    My best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    David,

    Thanks for your kind comments. I agree it is a nice change for the piece. The idea of the dialog was proposed by the ensemble's music director. It was not difficult to implement was very effective.


    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    ... i just thought it sounded very good!
    Makes one want to revisit the master and study the work. Thought I had enough of that in school! ... guess not.

    Thank you for this Gary!

    Michael
    Michael,

    Thanks I am glad that you enjoyed it. I found quite a number of the Gabrieli family works that fit this format. Each on a surprise, a gem in itself. I could write these piece all day and never get bored.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  8. #8

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric View Post
    I could write these piece all day and never get bored.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com
    And I could listen to them all day and never get bored. Thanks as always. The more Garielli and family the merrier.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Penfield (Rochester), NY
    Posts
    1,719

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Quote Originally Posted by ALynn View Post
    And I could listen to them all day and never get bored. Thanks as always. The more Gabrielli and family the merrier.
    I agree. I love brass, writing for brass, and the inclusion of the organ enhances it all the more. Thanks for taking the time to listen to it.

    Gary

    www.garybricault.com

  10. #10

    Re: Gabrieli - Jubilati Deo, Omni Terras

    Gary

    Great job of rendering this.

    Congrats on getting your arrangement of this being performed.

    Well done

    Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •